Random Irritations

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So Charlie and Johnson test positive for CV, how they've been tested ahead of frontline workers is an absolute travesty, yet us plebs need to be on deaths door before we get the chance to be tested.....
I agree about Charlie.

But the PM has a massive role in this and certainly should be tested.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
So Charlie and Johnson test positive for CV, how they've been tested ahead of frontline workers is an absolute travesty, yet us plebs need to be on deaths door before we get the chance to be tested.....

So let's just let the Prime Minister self-isolate and hope he's ok. Really.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The BBC. Doing my head in at the moment. Trying to pick holes in every measure the government introduce. Naga this morning not having a clue about the new measures being based upon profits and not earnings...seems now Laura Wonky Face broke the news about Boris...course she did.

Never mind the scaremongering and dramas rather than just giving the news.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The BBC. Doing my head in at the moment. Trying to pick holes in every measure the government introduce. Naga this morning not having a clue about the new measures being based upon profits and not earnings...seems now Laura Wonky Face broke the news about Boris...course she did.

Never mind the scaremongering and dramas rather than just giving the news.
They also did a promo on the 7am bulletin from 2 self employed people, one of whom was defintely stating wrong things about the statement last night, the other was questionable. Why give them airtime, spread worry when anyone from the business unit could have told them they were wrong. Show them in a Q & A by all means, they can be corrected instantly, but not on their own.

Naga was beeing annoyingly aggressive this morning, as you say looking to pick holes wherever. I really dislike the manner and tone in which these interviews are happening right now. The politicians are actually giving straight answers, for once, so there is no need for it.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Typical, an absolute belter of a day and I can’t play golf ??
On the plus side, grass cut and garage tidied and it’s not even lunch yet ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They also did a promo on the 7am bulletin from 2 self employed people, one of whom was defintely stating wrong things about the statement last night, the other was questionable. Why give them airtime, spread worry when anyone from the business unit could have told them they were wrong. Show them in a Q & A by all means, they can be corrected instantly, but not on their own.

Naga was beeing annoyingly aggressive this morning, as you say looking to pick holes wherever. I really dislike the manner and tone in which these interviews are happening right now. The politicians are actually giving straight answers, for once, so there is no need for it.

their so called finance expert was quoting the wrong tax year on their website last night too (one that hasnt even finished!)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
That’s what he expects everyone else to do, including key workers. no?

It's not what he expects rather than what can/can't be done with limited testing kits. If I had to choose between the PM and a Doctor or Nurse being tested then I'm sorry but I choose the leader of the country every time.

D

Deleted member 1740

It's not what he expects rather than what can/can't be done with limited testing kits. If I had to choose between the PM and a Doctor or Nurse being tested then I'm sorry but I choose the leader of the country every time.

Really? This is the same person who was bragging about shaking hands with patients who had CV 2 weeks ago!!

Wow.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The total muppet in Tesco's just now who did not think the 2m rule applied to him and was just piling his shopping on behind me in spite of being told multiple times to back away. When I had finished packing, security were dealing with him.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'd choose the person most likely to make a positive impact after years of job specific training.

Who'd be easier to replace?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd hate to be regarded as an apologist for Boris, but he is after all the PM. And I'm sure it would be far more effective for him to do his (fairly important ) job if he was not in isolation. So it's simple. Do the test. Negative, carry on as normal. Positive (as it turned out). then unfortunately into isolation.

I think some folk need to come into the real world.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd hate to be regarded as an apologist for Boris, but he is after all the PM. And I'm sure it would be far more effective for him to do his (fairly important ) job if he was not in isolation. So it's simple. Do the test. Negative, carry on as normal. Positive (as it turned out). then unfortunately into isolation.

I think some folk need to come into the real world.

Let’s be honest, Johnson is only the front, the country would roll on without him.

My concern is why frontline staff aren’t routinely being checked when they’re in and around patients with it, potentially taking it home to their families. The only time ”normal” people are being tested is when they’re admitted to hospital. It’s wrong.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The total muppet in Tesco's just now who did not think the 2m rule applied to him and was just piling his shopping on behind me in spite of being told multiple times to back away. When I had finished packing, security were dealing with him.
I was a bit worried about going shopping this morning , but was very impressed at Tesco's safety measures. 2 guys at the entrance and exit guiding people, they could do with protective screens for check out staff.
Long ques outside all keeping at least 2 mt distance only letting 1 in as 1 left, inside there was plenty of space and everyone kept their distances.
I felt like a robber with my hoodie, mask, snood and rubber gloves on. I passed a few folk I knew but they didn't recognise me lol
Shelves were well mostly stocked except for loo rolls and wholemeal pasta, plenty of the essential stuff like wine and brandy :D

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Let’s be honest, Johnson is only the front, the country would roll on without him.

My concern is why frontline staff aren’t routinely being checked when they’re in and around patients with it, potentially taking it home to their families. The only time ”normal” people are being tested is when they’re admitted to hospital. It’s wrong.
atm we simply don’t have enough tests.

My missus has been of school for the last week with the kids, I’m living in isolation and doing all the shops so she doesn’t need to go out. She is still checking hers and our daughters temps every morning and night. The rest of the family are the same. If we made tests available for everyone then we’d be out of supply instantly as everyone would develop a cough and be paranoid.

sunshine

Visit site
Today is my birthday

It's been a very weird one. Tried to make most / best of the situation ..

Couldn't see my friends or parents etc so did video calls

My sister walked round put my present in porch and watched me open via the window .. my daughter waved at her lovely

Got to spend some time at home

Have come to work.. decided right as it's Mt birthday im at least going to treat myself to my fav curry

Chicken tikka Madras .. just right

It arrives ... It's a blooming vinderloo!!!!?? The potatoes gave it away

Far too hot for me.. so it's ended up being chicken tikka bits.. a naan and 3 popadoms

£15 well spent

However I appreciate there are people far worse off than me.

Happy birthday!

Tikka, Madras, Vindaloo - three very different recipes using different ingredients and flavours. Not sure how they can mix these up

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Happy birthday!

Tikka, Madras, Vindaloo - three very different recipes using different ingredients and flavours. Not sure how they can mix these up

Tikka Is just how the meat is cooked.. I always have a tikka Madras as it adds extra flavour to the meat and makes sure it's cooked

You can tikka any curry