Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In less than 2 minutes it seems I can buy a hair trimmer from Argos, a shirt from next and some sand and paving blocks from B&Q (so I'll wager hundreds of thousands of other non essential items and hundreds of websites are fully open)

Do these delivery drivers really need to be on the road

If it isn’t food, medical supplies or essential household consumables why not consider not ordering until the lock-down phase has passed (& it stands to reason the more that can stay at home/avoid all contact then the shorter the lockdown phase will be)
Not saying it's fair on the drivers or anything, but I imagine a lot of things being ordered are projects or activities to keep people sane during the lockdown. Not things they would order if there wasn't a lockdown or after the lockdown.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Outpatient appointment. Two people including me in waiting area. Clinic due to start at 9.00 and all staff in by then. I was due to be seen at 9.30 and finally got seen at 10.25. Even in these difficult times that seems unacceptable when everyone was there, even if they had a couple of phone consultations in between
Homie, really? Moaning about the NHS at the current time? Have a little think. Go and make a video, putting in your kitchen, I need some content ?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not saying it's fair on the drivers or anything, but I imagine a lot of things being ordered are projects or activities to keep people sane during the lockdown. Not things they would order if there wasn't a lockdown or after the lockdown.
Social opiate. I’m waiting patiently for my ‘how to start a revolution’ starter kit. That will learn em

D

Deleted member 23270

???
He had a "meltdown" on Instagram due to the lockdown while sat at the steps of his 12M mansion. Absolute attention seeking knob end.
Poor little darling, my heart bleeds for him/her/them. So glad he doesn't have to put up with any real life problems like no money coming in to pay bills etc.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

I get folks want to keep themselves busy & occupied (avoiding insanity is pushing it though :) )

Though I'll wager if they really put their mind to it they can find things to do that don't involve risking those in the supply chain needed to get a non-essential item from A-B

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In less than 2 minutes it seems I can buy a hair trimmer from Argos, a shirt from next and some sand and paving blocks from B&Q (so I'll wager hundreds of thousands of other non essential items and hundreds of websites are fully open)

Do these delivery drivers really need to be on the road

If it isn’t food, medical supplies or essential household consumables why not consider not ordering until the lock-down phase has passed (& it stands to reason the more that can stay at home/avoid all contact then the shorter the lockdown phase will be)
We had a DHL driver in yesterday. His load is significantly down but he expects some uptake once the home shopping really kicks in. For around 10 days now drivers have been told to take parcels to the door, press the bell, knock etc, step well away from the door. When the customer opens the door they take their name and the driver signs for it. That process is fine, easy to isolate.

The roads are empty, much easier for him to get around, minimal accident risks right now.

Part of his load may be essential supplies, the other may be fluff. To justify the cost of being out for the essentials, remember they do not know what is in the parcel, you need the fluff as well. If they only have 3 parcels on a vehicle that vehicle will not be going anywhere. What if those are needed for essential matters?

The drivers we have seen are wearing gloves, they are also using hand sanitizer a lot, wipes as well.

I see what you are saying and agree some are undoutedly unnecessary. It is a balance though.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
We had a DHL driver in yesterday. His load is significantly down but he expects some uptake once the home shopping really kicks in. For around 10 days now drivers have been told to take parcels to the door, press the bell, knock etc, step well away from the door. When the customer opens the door they take their name and the driver signs for it. That process is fine, easy to isolate.

The roads are empty, much easier for him to get around, minimal accident risks right now.

Part of his load may be essential supplies, the other may be fluff. To justify the cost of being out for the essentials, remember they do not know what is in the parcel, you need the fluff as well. If they only have 3 parcels on a vehicle that vehicle will not be going anywhere. What if those are needed for essential matters?

The drivers we have seen are wearing gloves, they are also using hand sanitizer a lot, wipes as well.

I see what you are saying and agree some are undoutedly unnecessary. It is a balance though.

Absolutely a balance, all i'm suggesting is cut down the non-essential orders and the driver is less exposed, the number of pickers needed in the warehouse can be reduced/eliminated, the managers needed to manage the pickers are reduced etc etc etc
It takes several people to get that non-essential item to the garden gate, its not what the driver does with it in the last 50yards its every yard moved to/from work & at work by every person used in order to get it to the gate

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely a balance, all i'm suggesting is cut down the non-essential orders and the driver is less exposed, the number of pickers needed in the warehouse can be reduced/eliminated, the managers needed to manage the pickers are reduced etc etc etc
It takes several people to get that non-essential item to the garden gate, its not what the driver does with it in the last 50yards its every yard moved to/from work & at work by every person used in order to get it to the gate

Amazon have cut down what their offering to focus onto essiental items

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Never have nor never will stop maintenance, isn't fair on the kids to miss out because she's being a twunt. Also won't go tit for tat because when it goes back to court they can see factual evidence supports me

Fair enough, just concerned you were considering it as I thought you'd liked the post that suggested it. Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had to drive to the garage to get new tyres. Yet again F## morons have come to the coast to go on the beach and sand dunes. Admittedly not as many as the weekend just gone but lord help us if the weather is good again:mad:

D

Deleted member 17920

Had to drive to the garage to get new tyres. Yet again F## morons have come to the coast to go on the beach and sand dunes. Admittedly not as many as the weekend just gone but lord help us if the weather is good again:mad:
Hopefully they will get picked up and issued with a nice fine.

Thats why we will be under lockdown for at least 2 months :mad:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Breaking the front half of one of my teeth clean off whilst eating a chicken wing.. Don't often have issues with my teeth (quite a few were knocked out in my younger, sportier years though). Rang the Dentist to be told that they'd shut down half the clinic and were only taking emergencies...

Then I did the stupidest thing I've ever done... They asked how painful it was... I answered honestly..

"Not particularly. Only when I put pressure on it.."

"Oh well then, it's not really an emergency. Ring us back if it starts hurting."

So now I'm stuck here looking like Cletus the slack jawed yokel, not able to chew anything on the left side of my mouth, during the biggest health crisis for decades.. Brilliant..

Oh, and do you want to know when/where I last had to visit a dentist?
June 30th 2007. In Glasgow... That's right, when they bombed the airport.. They shut all the hospitals and clinics just in case there were casualties.. I ended up lancing my own abscess with a sewing pin washed with Bombay Sapphire gin. Did a bloody good job of it as well..

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Good news is the forecast for the weekend is for it to be baltic...

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just bad timing in changing jobs. Handed in my notice five weeks ago, last day is tomorrow and meant to start new job on Wednesday. In both roles everyone is currently working, but from home. New employer just called saying they definitely still want me, but can they delay the start date for an indefinite period of time and will your current employer consider keeping you on for a while!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Phoned up as I need to order mine and could be up to 2 weeks as wholesalers on short time , it's ok as it's not like I'm going anywhere apart from around 30 miles next week on my work day .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

theyve had to disperse some groups down here and have now advised sitting on a seaside bench is not your 1 exercise a day!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bin bags!! Why do they make poorly made ones.

Best ones I found Tesco 100l tie top

Hard to get ATM due to virus and Tesco being rammed

Got some others

Ripped opening and ripped getting out

AAwfuk