Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spam/Scam phone calls ... the third one in a week claiming to be from HMRC telling me I needed to follow instructions to prevent my National Insurance number being frozen! Getting better on the reactions as time passes - heard most of the first message, some of the second, and had cut the call after two words of the third...

Three today alone with the automaton voice telling me my internet connection will be cut off due to "illegal activity". Clearly with more people working from home they only need to scam/scare a few hundred people in to pressing 1 to connect to their "technical executive" at a cost of about £100 and the scam works.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Three today alone with the automaton voice telling me my internet connection will be cut off due to "illegal activity". Clearly with more people working from home they only need to scam/scare a few hundred people in to pressing 1 to connect to their "technical executive" at a cost of about £100 and the scam works.
Blimey. I thought three in a week was bad enough, but three in a day ...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Any calls I get on my mobile have to be spam at the moment.
Haven't had a work call in 6 weeks and everything else is done by text or WhatsApp...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had my Mountain bike in for a repair, the rear guide sprockets kept jumping, guy said the chain ring was a bit worn too, rang them this morning, want £250 for repairs, thats without the chain ring which still hasn't arrived, only paid £300 SH talk about rip off... FYI they hadn't done what i took in in for in the first place, the sprockets:mad:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
had my Mountain bike in for a repair, the rear guide sprockets kept jumping, guy said the chain ring was a bit worn too, rang them this morning, want £250 for repairs, thats without the chain ring which still hasn't arrived, only paid £300 SH talk about rip off... FYI they hadn't done what i took in in for in the first place, the sprockets:mad:
Have you said yes to the work?

Mandofred

Visit site
A bit harsh I think with the price.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Diy, fettling bikes is pretty easy ?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Where was this Patrick?
We got Harry a new Merida mountain bike from Monster Bikes and he came off a flyer before Christmas and they repaired it for free, very happy with the customer service.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Where was this Patrick?
We got Harry a new Merida mountain bike from Monster Bikes and he came off a flyer before Christmas and they repaired it for free, very happy with the customer service.
Inverness Bikes on Portland street, usually use Monster, but when it went at the start of Dec, i rang them, the guy said just bring it down, when i got there another guy says was it booked in??
We are booked till the end of Jan,no one would have told you to just bring it down:rolleyes:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Brit on an Antigua Facebook group I follow boasting how he is there on holiday by bluffing that he was a travel agent and travel photographer going on business