Random Irritations

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agree, head trauma in all sport needs addressing but I am not sure what the answer is to be honest. Without re-formulating the whole way that certain sports are played, is there any way to avoid it? Perhaps we do need to re-assess a number of sports from the ground up based on our increased understanding of the problems of head trauma. Rugby is an obvious issue but the game brought a number of problems in itself with the clock still running during pauses in play and with the number of subs it means that the requirements for stamina have been reduced allowing for increased bulk and muscle and progressively bigger impacts.

I think if a group lawsuit is brought, whether successful or not, there will have to be a complete review of the sport from bottom to top from a safety angle and the long term impact it is having on players, which will then follow on into other sports. As you say a lot of the changes over the years of the "professional" era certainly havent helped

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No idea where to post
My South African satellite provider occasionally throws up a weird programme like ennerdale or bake off 2017
Just saw today they are showing coronation St season 1 episode 1!!!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
An accounts department who can't understand that if I've paid an invoice up to mid November I want a new invoice starting from then. I will not be making a payment for an invoice that starts at the beginning of November. It's not rocket science.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
No idea where to post
My South African satellite provider occasionally throws up a weird programme like ennerdale or bake off 2017
Because it’s sixty years tomorrow since it first aired.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No idea where to post
You think that's weird, a couple of months back we were flicking channels and I think E4 or More4 were showing some 'classic' Hollyoaks from around the year 2002 or so. No idea why. Bizarre.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
National Health text messages!
Three times I've been "invited" to my doctors surgey to have a flu jab (as apparently the free jab is being extended to my age group). Three times I have replied with "Decline" - as instructed - because I don't want one. For the simple reason I bought myself one in October. Answering "Decline" supposedly gets you taken off the list. So why did i get another text invite today ... Grrr

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
National Health text messages!
Three times I've been "invited" to my doctors surgey to have a flu jab (as apparently the free jab is being extended to my age group). Three times I have replied with "Decline" - as instructed - because I don't want one. For the simple reason I bought myself one in October. Answering "Decline" supposedly gets you taken off the list. So why did i get another text invite today ... Grrr

Can't you reply "already had the jab" or wtte?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our jolly good Vax upright vacuum cleaner developing a problem where the power lead connects, and taking it apart I can't see where the loose connection is (as that is what it can only be). But I think I have sorted a way of getting it operating OK...

This compounds the irritation we have with our Dyson V6 Absolute - possibly the most over-hyped and frustrating piece of household technology we've ever bought. Just too many frustrations for us especially in respect of the battery life, recharge time, clogging up, and it being a bleedin' fiddle to empty. I doubt that my Mrs will ever again have us buying a Dyson handheld. Such is our irritation with it we will look at any future potential Dyson purchase with much scepticism - especially given their premium price ticket.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mrs Imurg has, probably, just come out of surgery on her shoulder
I have to pick her up at some point between now and 5pm..
Good that it's been done but it means I can't start anything - hate sitting around waiting...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To add to my irritation I've just had a snotty email from the bunch that host my work website demanding payment forthwith for hosting services for the last year otherwise they may not be able to continue hosting the site.
A polite email has been sent back outlining that the normal practice of sending an invoice with payment details is, generally, a more successful way of getting paid on time.
The company I was with closed last year and the client base was taken over by this bunch.
I got an email early summer last year explaining what was happening and thats the last I'd heard from them until today..
Don't ask, you don't get...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Badly planned road works.

Now before the usual suspects jump on yes they have to happen but planning and execution should be better.

Just got stuck in a set for 7 changes before everyone bibbed and the workers stoped the traffic to let us go

Basically everytime ours went green the traffic was back to the light because they had them within 400 yards of a set of 4 way lights !

Quite a long change on the temp lights aswell so after the four way went red it just built back and back .. some not getting through the roadworks

Normally when that close to a busy junction they use the stop go boards ..

Got there in the end

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The jam at the port at Felixstowe. Something has gone wrong and with the amount of freight flowing through it any sort of issue multiplies quite quickly. There are now containers backed up and the lead time to unload could end up being equivalent to the sailing time for the product to get there. I have one little pallet there, not sure when it will make its way out to me.

(before anyone jumps in without knowing more, Felixstowe is the hub for seafrieght, mainly from the Far East. It doesn't deal with road freight from Europe)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
What have you done?
I must've twisted my right knee a couple of weeks ago while playing, its been getting worse since.
After2 hours in my local A/E dept the nurse thinks it's cartilage or ligament damage and suggested pain killers, light exercise and referred me for physio [ 6 week waiting list ] so no golf for a few weeks :cry:.
Or taking the knee :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mandofred

Visit site
Rumors that the roll-ups might not be coming back when things settle down. Poop. That would likely put an end to my golf.....things just haven't been very much fun since they have gone away. There could be a "battle royal" by summer for people who want roll-ups and those that don't.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We keep getting that rumour too. I hope it is just that. Not only do they enable playing with lots more people, but they also mean less planning. Ours also generate big profits in food, and also over the bar. It would be silly to cancel them in my view.