Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Oh, Murph , now you've started something?
Were you daydreaming or something?
Couldn't you move your leg??

Mind you Studland scenery can get you doing that- daydreaming that is.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Oh, Murph , now you've started something?
Were you daydreaming or something?
Couldn't you move your leg??

Mind you Studland scenery can get you doing that- daydreaming that is.

By the time I realised what was happening, it was way too late. It sneaked up from behind me, I thought it was being friendly when it's head appeared, but it wasn't and I had a wet sock.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Sat on a rock, on the beach on Studland enjoying the sunny weather, the view, a bottle of cold lager, just watching the world go by.

Lovely. So how can the be irritating?

Someones dog comes up, and pisses down my leg into my walking boot.
Random irritation, canine version.

Nothing worse than being taken for a walk on the beach and some bozo is sat on the rock I love to pee on drinking his bottle of beer. Well he won't do that again.........

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
1st in the queue for next year's I'm a celebrity let me do what the hell I like and then apologise for it.
Dozy bint...:rolleyes:

If the party wasn't bad enough, it transpires she came home to it from a gig in Egypt the day before & didn't quarantine.

I'd say "Unbelievable Jeff" but where some "celebrities" are concerned it's the norm. :mad::mad:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the party wasn't bad enough, it transpires she came home to it from a gig in Egypt the day before & didn't quarantine.

I'd say "Unbelievable Jeff" but where some "celebrities" are concerned it's the norm. :mad::mad:
Irony is, her mum, a nurse, put out a critical tweet yesterday regarding the number of shoppers in London yesterday. If ever the phrase 'put your own house in order' was appropriate .............

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Am I missing something but with all the evidence of her ignoring the rules for a second time, why aren't the authorities fining her and making an example of her. Yes she can afford the cash but all that negative publicity may help get the message through that thick skull of hers

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am I missing something but with all the evidence of her ignoring the rules for a second time, why aren't the authorities fining her and making an example of her. Yes she can afford the cash but all that negative publicity may help get the message through that thick skull of hers

And radio stations and advertisers should boycott her, wasn't she the face of a mobile phone campaign recently? They are still playing her garbage on commercial radio, I'm with you Homer, make an example of her.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sad to hear Rugby World Cup winner Steve Thompson has early onset Dementia at the age of 42!!!

Sounds he is joining a group bringing legal action against the RFU which could have far reaching implications not just for rugby but for a lot of sports

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...dementia-landmark-legal-case?CMP=share_btn_tw

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/v...mentia-steve-thompson-england-video-interview

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/v...nion-dementia-thompson-popham-video-explainer

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sad to hear Rugby World Cup winner Steve Thompson has early onset Dementia at the age of 42!!!

Sounds he is joining a group bringing legal action against the RFU which could have far reaching implications not just for rugby but for a lot of sports

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...dementia-landmark-legal-case?CMP=share_btn_tw

Had not heard that, so sad to hear. That said, my wife's stepmother had the same at a similar age and so it sometimes happens even without the head contact.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had not heard that, so sad to hear. That said, my wife's stepmother had the same at a similar age and so it sometimes happens even without the head contact.

sorry to hear :( Watching these videos, talk that theres 11 former internationals under the age of 43 with early onset dementia (and CTE), that in itself will make the proportion of the subset so far different to the rest of the population (and the belief is the number is far far higher). Not the only cause for sure but definitely an increase in evidence that head trauma in sport (and rugby especially) is likely to cause a much higher chance of getting early onset dementia

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
sorry to hear :( Watching these videos, talk that theres 11 former internationals under the age of 43 with early onset dementia (and CTE), that in itself will make the proportion of the subset so far different to the rest of the population (and the belief is the number is far far higher). Not the only cause for sure but definitely an increase in evidence that head trauma in sport (and rugby especially) is likely to cause a much higher chance of getting early onset dementia

Agree, head trauma in all sport needs addressing but I am not sure what the answer is to be honest. Without re-formulating the whole way that certain sports are played, is there any way to avoid it? Perhaps we do need to re-assess a number of sports from the ground up based on our increased understanding of the problems of head trauma. Rugby is an obvious issue but the game brought a number of problems in itself with the clock still running during pauses in play and with the number of subs it means that the requirements for stamina have been reduced allowing for increased bulk and muscle and progressively bigger impacts.