Random irritations of the day......

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Looks like we've had a spate of garage and car doors being tried. Nothing to do with workmen putting a loft conversion in (so people thinking tools may be left on sight) and people lighting the road up like Blackpool meaning it's nice and light in everyones driveway so people can see what their doing when trying locks. Fortunately apart from some damage around some garage locks and a car scratched where they tried to force the boot nothing has been taken

Rooter

Money List Winner
I had an interview 3 weeks ago and got told after a week I had got a second one - still waiting.....
I know it might not be that simple or to be in a position to be picky, but I have always considered how I am treated as a potential employee. I was pretty desperate to move a few years back, A company interviewed me 4 times, over a period of 3 months, it was between me and another person, i made it easy for them and told them to stick it in the end. Imagine how bad it is once you are an actual employee or customer is what i consider.

Good luck with the searches though guys, cant imagine its fun out there right now!

Daily Telegraph video on Youtube describing what we have to consider and do from 1st January when travelling abroad. It's also interesting and informative, with a load of stuff we all need to know about with less than 4 weeks to go.

Bdill93

The fact my mate has now been able to play golf 2 days in a row, tomorrow will be his third, all before I even get to swing a club off the grass!

Also - the fact that said mate claims he shot 90 yesterday after only doing that a couple of times before in summer, a month off without golf, and no witnesses. I JUST DONT BELIEVE YOU MATE!

Colonel Bogey

Golf greens not being the same. Some were soft and receptive the last three rock hard and balls bounced through. I was on a good round as well.

Just thought I'd add that one in for those of you who didn't play yesterday. You see it wasn't all fun and games. LOL

Golf greens not being the same. Some were soft and receptive the last three rock hard and balls bounced through. I was on a good round as well.

Just thought I'd add that one in for those of you who didn't play yesterday. You see it wasn't all fun and games. LOL
Our pro played with us yesterday, first hole back to back shanks, and proceeded to be short on every putt for the first 10 holes. He had a bad day.

banjofred

Played yesterday, and decently, but I really had to bash the putts to get them to the hole. The greens were really really slow. When they are like this my motto is "figure out how hard you need to hit it on this slow green......and then hit it a bit harder".

banjofred

Badgers. They have really been tearing the course up lately. Got a Whatsapp message today saying they have pretty well destroyed the first hole. Nothing you can really do about them until they tear up a certain % of the course....can't remember how much it is....but it's quite a bit.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
How utterly rubbish I am at sleeping these days. Even when I'm asleep it's so light I feel like I'm half awake and last night slept solidly for 2 hours and then woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

I used to love that moment of snuggling down for a good night's sleep and now it's so different. Age I guess...sigh...

Got some essential oils stuff coming from Amazon that gets good reviews so hoping they help :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
How utterly rubbish I am at sleeping these days. Even when I'm asleep it's so light I feel like I'm half awake and last night slept solidly for 2 hours and then woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

I used to love that moment of snuggling down for a good night's sleep and now it's so different. Age I guess...sigh...

Got some essential oils stuff coming from Amazon that gets good reviews so hoping they help :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Try sleepeeze from boots

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Try sleepeeze from boots
Have you tried them? Do you feel rubbish in the morning with them?

Edit - just reading and they are an anti-histamine. Reminds me when I took Piriton for an insect bite and didn't read the pack - just assumed 2 tablets! Slept like a log...might try a regular dose as we have those in the house.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner

You are not alone. My wife and I are in the same boat. I'm sure the pandemic, uncertainty surrounding it, knocked out of regular routines etc, has a big part to do with it.

Please post how you find the oils. Thanks @Dando , I'll look into those as well.