Random irritations of the day......

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
White carpet and daughters that spill a whole pint of blackcurrant juice on it. Looks like a scene from Midsomer Murders. You would think at 25 years old she could keep a firm grip of the glass.

I hate white carpets, but the previous owners had them on every downstairs floor. Just why would you put them in the entrance hall and dining room. We are changing them slowly, this may speed up the process

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
Sadly yes, twelve days ago. Her treatment hadn’t worked, her cancer had spread aggressively and she developed kidney failure as a result that couldn’t be reversed.
Bl00dy 'ell Marc.... you have my deepest sympathies.

I'll drag out one of my special beers tonight and raise a glass.

Take care.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
White carpet and daughters that spill a whole pint of blackcurrant juice on it. Looks like a scene from Midsomer Murders. You would think at 25 years old she could keep a firm grip of the glass.

I hate white carpets, but the previous owners had them on every downstairs floor. Just why would you put them in the entrance hall and dining room. We are changing them slowly, this may speed up the process
They don't get any better as they get older. Our youngest is 31. On her last visit she poured orange juice into a bowl and cornflakes into a glass, then stared at it for 20 secs trying to figure out what she got wrong. And she's a teacher!!

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
I can't make my mind up whether or not to post this in "random irritations" or "Gladden the heart."

For months and months I've been in a cycle of struggling to get to sleep and then waking up from 4am onwards. Most nights I'd struggle to sleep more than 5 hours. We're now in the middle of mad packing for our move next week and I'm regularly sleeping past 8am.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Won an Ebay auction for a new mtb helmet, the seller has emailed asking me to pay via a different PayPal account.
Hmmm, sounds dodgy, he's probably trying to avoid Ebay fees but then I don't think I have any recourse should he fail to send the helmet.
What a helmet 🙄

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Won an Ebay auction for a new mtb helmet, the seller has emailed asking me to pay via a different PayPal account.
Hmmm, sounds dodgy, he's probably trying to avoid Ebay fees but then I don't think I have any recourse should he fail to send the helmet.
What a helmet 🙄
Ebay track emails for any sign that you are looking to avoid going through their system, avoiding fees etc. One seller wanted me to buy an item through Gumtree rather than the ebay auction and I received an email very shortly afterwards advising against it and stating that my account could be suspended. Big brother............

Stick to the system, it protects you.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Ebay is changing how you get paid for things.
They're managing the sale themselves rather than through PayPal
You can still use PayPal to pay but when you sell ebay pays it straight to your bank account minus fees.
This takes a few days..
Sold an item on Sunday evening, paid for immediately
Got an email this morning saying the money is on the way to my bank.
Will be interesting to see when it lands.

cliveb

Head Pro
We needed multiple originals after being told by many places they couldn’t take copies and they couldn’t return them either. Just seems a bit of rip off and a death tax!
Last time I needed any (2017), the first one was a bit much but you could have extra copies at £1 each. So I just ordered half a dozen. Didn't need them all, of course.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Ebay track emails for any sign that you are looking to avoid going through their system, avoiding fees etc. One seller wanted me to buy an item through Gumtree rather than the ebay auction and I received an email very shortly afterwards advising against it and stating that my account could be suspended. Big brother............

Stick to the system, it protects you.
In fairness he's emailed back saying he will try and swap PayPal accounts to the sale, if that is at all possible.
Failing that I'll just drive down at the weekend as it's only just past Middlesbrough.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Ebay is changing how you get paid for things.
They're managing the sale themselves rather than through PayPal
You can still use PayPal to pay but when you sell ebay pays it straight to your bank account minus fees.
This takes a few days..
Sold an item on Sunday evening, paid for immediately
Got an email this morning saying the money is on the way to my bank.
Will be interesting to see when it lands.
Just landed now.
So 2 days to get paid..not sure I'm OK with that when it was instant through PayPal.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Just landed now.
So 2 days to get paid..not sure I'm OK with that when it was instant through PayPal.
That will surely delay everything. If I am selling I would not ship until the money reaches me. That slows my shipping down, annoys the customer who has paid instantly but who has to wait longer. Let's hope they improve that.

DRW

Tour Rookie
Sadly yes, twelve days ago. Her treatment hadn’t worked, her cancer had spread aggressively and she developed kidney failure as a result that couldn’t be reversed.
Sorry to hear that, terrible to lose someone that young so close to you.

Thoughts with you. Take care.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
That will surely delay everything. If I am selling I would not ship until the money reaches me. That slows my shipping down, annoys the customer who has paid instantly but who has to wait longer. Let's hope they improve that.
They still send a notification to "post now" and, allegedly, they only do that once the payment is confirmed ie in their account so the money is safe.
They then press a button or two and it takes, seemingly, a couple of days to reach your bank.

They still send a notification to "post now" and, allegedly, they only do that once the payment is confirmed ie in their account so the money is safe.
They then press a button or two and it takes, seemingly, a couple of days to reach your bank.
I'm afraid that I don't recognise the system you are using there.

I regularly sell through ebay, last completed sale at the weekend, and all my payments are via PayPal. It continues to operate in the same way as it has for the last 10 years.

Its changing and by the end of the year PayPal is gone..
Will it?

As I understand it PayPal will remain an option for payments for ebay purchases, just not the default.

Personally I will continue to specify it as my preferred method for sales I make and wherever possible continue to make my own payments via PayPal.

I am not a massive fan of ebay and its security.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Will it?

As I understand it PayPal will remain an option for payments for ebay purchases, just not the default.

Personally I will continue to specify it as my preferred method for sales I make and wherever possible continue to make my own payments via PayPal.

I am not a massive fan of ebay and its security.
Hopefully though as a seller, it will stop you being shafted by fees, sellers fee's and then paypal fees! May as well inflate prices by 10% to cover yourself!