Random irritations of the day......

Kellfire

Tour Winner
I feel your pain, I've lost so many people over the years, including my 38 year old daughter in 2006 and it still seems like yesterday :cry:.
Stay strong, make her proud, but you have to let go , grieve cry with close friends., take care xx(y)
I’m sorry for your loss, too. My Ash was only 36 and we just never entertained the idea it would be so short.

Three weeks ago we had a meeting organised to discuss one final operation that would see her in the recovery phase. Instead that meeting revealed she had metastatic spread in both lungs, her liver and abdomen. She was planned for palliative chemo but blood tests revealed she had kidney problems. One week later, she had died. It’s been an insane year and the last month has tested our resolve greatly. Her mum is absolutely beside herself and I just wish I could do something good to help. We are doing something to try and raise money for the ward that cared for her. In fact, I’m going to post that on the Things That Make You Happy thread.

Kellfire

Tour Winner
Sorry for your loss Kellfire, such a sad story :(

make sure you take some time to grieve (and get help with it if needed)
My friends have rallied around me like you wouldn’t believe including offers of spending Christmas with different people. Her family have totally taken me in as one of their own, too. For that I am blessed.

I know who to reach out to when I need to - in fact, during her last few days I utilised one of the free text chat lines just to allow me to vent to someone who wasn’t there living it with us.

https://www.crisistextline.uk/

No one should ever feel ashamed to reach out and ask for help, or even just to have someone to talk to. Talking really can help focus the awful thoughts in our heads and make them more manageable.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
My friends have rallied around me like you wouldn’t believe including offers of spending Christmas with different people. Her family have totally taken me in as one of their own, too. For that I am blessed.

I know who to reach out to when I need to - in fact, during her last few days I utilised one of the free text chat lines just to allow me to vent to someone who wasn’t there living it with us.

https://www.crisistextline.uk/

No one should ever feel ashamed to reach out and ask for help, or even just to have someone to talk to. Talking really can help focus the awful thoughts in our heads and make them more manageable.

great to hear you have support around you:) wish i had seen that light earlier when my mum passed many many years ago