Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to The Post Office today for some stamp. They were 13 shilling a stamp and that was 2nd class. I remember when I started collecting football programmes and I used to send off to the ground. It was 3.

Now I know many on here will not know what I am talking about. Chrisd, DFT, Jim8flog, perhaps Rulefan, perhaps we should have a roll call!

My first full time job in 1967 £5 per week !

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
They knew your true worth then Chris :whistle:

Anyway. I cry BS on that. At your age you can't possibly remember details like that. ;)

I can remember that our first house we bought when we married in early 1975 was £9,700 and was a brand new 3 bed semi detached house and if I could have bought one 9 months earlier they were a little over £6k ??

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They knew your true worth then Chris :whistle:

Anyway. I cry BS on that. At your age you can't possibly remember details like that. ;)
I agree with you about memories. Always makes me laugh when celebs reckon they can remember what they were doing when they were 2 or 3 years old. It is very probable (almost certain) that what they are actually remembering is what people told them later in their life.

D

Deleted member 18588

I agree with you about memories. Always makes me laugh when celebs reckon they can remember what they were doing when they were 2 or 3 years old. It is very probable (almost certain) that what they are actually remembering is what people told them later in their life.

I have some recollection of insignificant parts of Coronation Day in 1953, I was 4 years old.

And I can remember being in Church for my cousin's christening the year before.

But detailed recall of events at that age is, I agree, most unlikely.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Big companies (and or retailers) running out of stock of what they know will be hot items, retailers allowing people to buy up the stocks to profit from them. Places such as Ebay and Amazon allowing sellers to profiteer. There should be some law that selling above RRP is illegal.

And the idiots for paying the inflated prices, if no one did, the vultures wouldn't buy up the stock!!
!

This has been Rolex business model for years. It's as if you are insulting them by asking to buy a watch at retail, when they will sell the same watch to a flipper who will make 80% profit on it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone has been emailing an example of a document for upload to make sure he's got all the finer details correct before uploading it. So far I've had four incorrect versions and counting. You know when you tell someone very clearly what to do and they still send it back wrong? Yeah. Speechless. It's not even difficult stuff. "Please make sure the document number is on it." *he sends it back with no document number asking if it's right* ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bent down to get a loaf of bread off the bottom shelf while shopping this morning and felt a bad pain in my foot. Managed to limp round the rest of the shop to get the last bits on the list and then took my shoe off when I got back to the car to find that one of my toes was pointing sideways. Managed to pop it back in place and drive home but now can't put any weight on it without almost crying in pain.