Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Scruffy and slovenly individuals at Remembrance Day commemorations...if you are going to attend please just take a bit of care about your demeanor and your appearance as best you are able :(

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
'Tune in this Sa'urday for the final of The Voice Twenny Twenny'. Jeez....you can blame the Americans for a lot of things....but that sentence isn't one of them.
Ha yes. He meant to put US Americans, don't want to blame all the Americas ?
Actually you may know the geography, obviously a big place but do you agree there is section where the letter "t" doesn't seem to exist - where they drink a glass of "warder"?
I read his comment as "blame" to those who pick it up rather than those in the programmes.
But still probably unfair ?

Mandofred

Visit site
Ha yes. He meant to put US Americans, don't want to blame all the Americas ?
Actually you may know the geography, obviously a big place but do you agree there is section where the letter "t" doesn't seem to exist - where they drink a glass of "warder"?
I read his comment as "blame" to those who pick it up rather than those in the programmes.
But still probably unfair ?
In my neck of the woods (N Yorkshire), the "t" (and a lot of other words/letters) get left out of sentences. I used to live out in the boonies a bit and one of my neighbors was an older Yorkshire farmer I would talk to once in a while.....holly cow.....that was a tough conversation to follow. There aren't very people around who talk like that anymore.

I think maybe the Boston accent might drop the t.....and well.....most of the word and just go with "wada". I'm a Washington state boy.....our speaking skills are impeccable;). I still say "crick" instead of creek though...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Extinction Rebellion.

This time last year they were disrupting the centre of London whilst the NFL was in town. I was filming with a TV crew on one of the open-top buses and a group of fans when we stopped near Trafalgar Square. They all saw the camera crew and started behaving like morons trying to get themselves noticed and covered. There is a tremendous out-take where you hear me look over at them and yell "get a bleeping job you so-and-sos." I'll leave to guess what was actually said. But my NFL producer was crying laughing at the footage - of course it never made the film but it's for sure at the front of the out-takes reel.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
This time last year they were disrupting the centre of London whilst the NFL was in town. I was filming with a TV crew on one of the open-top buses and a group of fans when we stopped near Trafalgar Square. They all saw the camera crew and started behaving like morons trying to get themselves noticed and covered. There is a tremendous out-take where you hear me look over at them and yell "get a bleeping job you so-and-sos." I'll leave to guess what was actually said. But my NFL producer was crying laughing at the footage - of course it never made the film but it's for sure at the front of the out-takes reel.
Wont believe it if you dont post it here ??