Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
A supermarket chain getting busier and busier, making a fortune and cutting staff hours to the point where there was no staff in a certain section available to complete the job.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A supermarket chain getting busier and busier, making a fortune and cutting staff hours to the point where there was no staff in a certain section available to complete the job.
Fret ye not - there are 100s of thousands of newly redundant folks out there who'll be looking for any job at any pay to get off UC - or at least to supplement their UC...

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fret ye not - there are 100s of thousands of newly redundant folks out there who'll be looking for any job at any pay to get off UC - or at least to supplement their UC...

Cutting HOURS, not HOURLY PAY !!!!

There are no jobs available, where I work, just a load of very very hissed off staff. Even, down to the trolley collector who came in to work on Saturday afternoon to find NO trolleys available at the store entrance. He was proper annoyed. See, everyone thinks their job is important, and, they are. We are all pieces in a giant jigsaw.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The view from our office. We get the noise of grab loaders all day, and the cleaning lorry driving round in circles.
On a dry day, we get all the cars in the car park coated in dust, and on a wet day, the road gets covered in clay.
Lovely.

Attachments

• 20201110_100950.jpg
    20201110_100950.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 29
D

Deleted member 3432

The view from our office. We get the noise of grab loaders all day, and the cleaning lorry driving round in circles.
On a dry day, we get all the cars in the car park coated in dust, and on a wet day, the road gets covered in clay.
Lovely.

Must be nice having a window to look out of, no windows in my 'office' whatsoever.

Radioactive seagull *** on your car is no fun at all :eek:

However its better on your car than being covered in it yourself which is a very real danger walking to and from the car park in summer :ROFLMAO:(n)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Cutting HOURS, not HOURLY PAY !!!!

There are no jobs available, where I work, just a load of very very hissed off staff. Even, down to the trolley collector who came in to work on Saturday afternoon to find NO trolleys available at the store entrance. He was proper annoyed. See, everyone thinks their job is important, and, they are. We are all pieces in a giant jigsaw.
...and I am guessing that no matter how hissed off many folks might be they are not that keen on resigning...

Seems to me that where in past times there'd be plenty of supermarket jobs as a result of turnover - current turnover is not going to be that high and vacancies for those seeking work are not going to be that plentiful...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
IPTV has been a bit dodgy recently so I've taken Sky up their offer of all Sports channels for £18 a month for the next 18 months.
I should be glad, no more faffing around with streams but I'm disappointed with myself that I've succumbed to the Sky offer ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
IPTV has been a bit dodgy recently so I've taken Sky up their offer of all Sports channels for £18 a month for the next 18 months.
I should be glad, no more faffing around with streams but I'm disappointed with myself that I've succumbed to the Sky offer ?

Will you be set up in time for Masters week?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
...and I am guessing that no matter how hissed off many folks might be they are not that keen on resigning...

Seems to me that where in past times there'd be plenty of supermarket jobs as a result of turnover - current turnover is not going to be that high and vacancies for those seeking work are not going to be that plentiful...

Why would people resign in these times when jobs are scarce and income is precious,. I thought your sons predicament would highlight this. When times are hard people become sometimes become more accepting of difficult situations when the alternative is equally unpalatable

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Why would people resign in these times when jobs are scarce and income is precious,. I thought your sons predicament would highlight this. When times are hard people become sometimes become more accepting of difficult situations when the alternative is equally unpalatable
Absolutely. I could not agree with you more. They are still there, but not quite as plentiful and lots of folks applying for them.