Random Irritations

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok, so I walked from Sandbanks to Bournemouth pier and back about 10 times over the last two weeks. The pictures on BBC, and in the Guardian have been almost exclusively from Bournemouth. I have seen 2 gatherings of people on the beach who were not social distancing. Two. And yes, both of these have been front page.

been several articles debunking the photos the press have been using of bournemouth beach this week, showing how theyre massively foreshortening the view (showing the overhead pic and the pic the press have been posting!) if they werent so lazy theyd have found busier ones to photo mind!

that said the pics from Durdle Door yesterday are utterly dumbfounding

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
been several articles debunking the photos the press have been using of bournemouth beach this week, showing how theyre massively foreshortening the view (showing the overhead pic and the pic the press have been posting!) if they werent so lazy theyd have found busier ones to photo mind!

that said the pics from Durdle Door yesterday are utterly dumbfounding

Yes, the durdle door ones beggar belief, but for the last two weeks, pics have been exclusively from Bournemouth. The press have an agenda, and people fall for it.

Durdle door is private property by all accounts, and the owner can't do much about it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a big annoyance. The press and social media just want a sensationalist story. Yes there are idiots but doctored pictures and hyperbole are used to make people think it is everywhere. Being in rural Lincolnshire I am not going to condemn actions on the south coast as I have no idea what is right and what is exaggerated. Been out and about a bit today, no issues re social distancing in town, good organisation as far as the shops and garden centre I went in can control and no signs of riotous parties or out if control teenagers. If people had barbecues or saw friends and relatives a day early, they kept it discreet. There will always be idiots, I am sure every country has them but the agenda to tar the whole of the UK with the same brush is wearing a but thin but it keeps going as the professionally outraged make hay from it. Ivan sure it was only a week ago that the same outraged people were going on about the damage the lockdown was causing and how people needed some contact to protect mental health

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The sadness that's descended on me because I've sold my beloved Wolf after seven glorious years. :(:(:(
It's only a piece of metal, after all.

Wolf

Visit site
I am a believer in what goes round, comes around. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes a long time but they'll get their comeuppance
I have no doubt that day will come Homer, but I will not be there to see it, nor will I take the high ground and nor will I help them pick up the pieces. They've made their own beds so now they can lie in them. However Narcissistic people will rarely find error in their own ways because it's always someone else's fault. All that matters to me now is my parents are OK, as are my wife & children.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My adorable lovely Staffie dog, with all but zero recall, who escaped out through the garage when mrs fundy was watering the front garden.

Thankfully after 10 minutes of fun she finally decided to come to our calls and is now feeling a bit sorry for herself having hurt 1 of her paws too. Still when she went running I feared far worse than that!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have no doubt that day will come Homer, but I will not be there to see it, nor will I take the high ground and nor will I help them pick up the pieces. They've made their own beds so now they can lie in them. However Narcissistic people will rarely find error in their own ways because it's always someone else's fault. All that matters to me now is my parents are OK, as are my wife & children.
That is all you can do. Protect the ones you love, make sure the idiots don't inflict any further damage and bide your time. I am with you and when the time comes I'd be walking away (and you can bet they'll be begging forgiveness and help).