Random Irritations

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not an irritation per se but more of a WTF moment.. Wife just ordering some hay-fever wipes. No idea if they're any good but anything that helps her, but either someone has got the world's most expensive courier or they got it wrong on delivery charges.. Think we'll take the standard free delivery ?
View attachment 30915

She's probably tried it already if she gets it quite bad, but I use Beconeze (sp?) nasal spray and that seems to work really well.

Wolf

Visit site
that made laugh too much but I completely agree!

when you're next down in Kent let me know and we'll have to sort out a game somewhere as I am sure it will be an entertaining day
Hopefully be down July / August mate definitely get a game arranged i can imagine we will have many laughs.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
What the daily covid press briefings have become. The intention of these were to keep the general public appraised on what is going on, what steps are being taken and what the current situation is regarding the disease. All useful and helpful. The role of the press at these briefings should be to ask for clarification and for information that the public wants or needs to know. They have rapidly degraded into a repetitive media points scoring exercise which may be great for massaging their own egos but these briefings are, in my mind, not meant for that. There are no end of other avenues for those questions to be asked. Yesterday needed someone to drill down into the details of what we can and cannot do not but instead it was one person after another trying to trip people up because some numpty went to Durham. Personally I feel that it would be better to cut the media out of the whole thing and just have a dozen questions from the public. Yes, some questions need to be asked to hold the government to account on certain points but lets not have every journalist from every media outlet asking the same thing.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
What the daily covid press briefings have become. The intention of these were to keep the general public appraised on what is going on, what steps are being taken and what the current situation is regarding the disease. All useful and helpful. The role of the press at these briefings should be to ask for clarification and for information that the public wants or needs to know. They have rapidly degraded into a repetitive media points scoring exercise which may be great for massaging their own egos but these briefings are, in my mind, not meant for that. There are no end of other avenues for those questions to be asked. Yesterday needed someone to drill down into the details of what we can and cannot do not but instead it was one person after another trying to trip people up because some numpty went to Durham. Personally I feel that it would be better to cut the media out of the whole thing and just have a dozen questions from the public. Yes, some questions need to be asked to hold the government to account on certain points but lets not have every journalist from every media outlet asking the same thing.
If they’d answer the questions, they wouldn’t need to be asked continuously.

D

Deleted member 18588

If they’d answer the questions, they wouldn’t need to be asked continuously.

But as GB72 has said that is not the purpose of these briefings.

And it is important to remember that they are just that , briefings; intended to keep the public appraised of the progress (or otherwise) in dealing with the situation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
An irritation followed by some redemption. An enquiry this morning that looked promising has turned into an attempted scam. We get them occasionally and I can spot them but this one got further down the line, wasting more of my time, before it became apparent. Annoying.

Redemption, an email from a customer complaining that a product they were using was not as good as the other item we supply them. 'Why did we not supply the same grade of product, this one is useless. Here look at the pictures'. Thankfully the pictures show the rubbish product is one from a competitor of ours :ROFLMAO:. It took me 3 drafts to take the full level of joy and smugness out of my reply. Obviously, I left just a little bit of enjoyment in there :D.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Play as long as you can run! Never give up a sport because of some bad form.
When you get old , you'd give a lot just to be able to get out there and physically do it, even if not as well as you used to .
In my case, what I'd give to play squash again.

It is 19 years when I gave up squash under family pressure because of my age. I still have dreams where I am still playing - it never goes.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spiders webs and my wing mirrors. Every car I have ever bought seems to come with a nest of spiders in each wing mirror thrown in for free. What is it with these little buggers that every time I get to the car in the morning I fight through yards of bloody cobwebs.

Rant over

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spiders webs and my wing mirrors. Every car I have ever bought seems to come with a nest of spiders in each wing mirror thrown in for free. What is it with these little buggers that every time I get to the car in the morning I fight through yards of bloody cobwebs.

Rant over
Not just you. HID washed the car this morning, came to give me a lift and there is already one on the underneath part of the wing mirror on the passenger side. Don't know if it is the car is warm and so they are making a home in there and spinning the webs to get an easy meal

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Neighbours over the back. First day of relaxed rules and they have a BBQ with 10 people, no social distancing on display.
Absolute morons, I am going to sit out later on my tod, some music on the outdoor speakers and smoke some big cigars in their direction.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Cannot really miss this inconsiderate cow on our security camera.
Not having a go at you personally but it just touched a nerve that you knew exactly how many times , i have a neighbours that watch my every move , they know when i go to work , when i get home . if they are not sure what i am up to they will decide to tend the plants on our boundary so they can have a look . Great for security but a royal pain in the arse otherwise