Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Lambo-lout is out doing his " look at me I've got Lambo that makes a lot of noise"
Really Mate...at the moment nobody cares
Just go home and shut it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most common cause is the door hinge having dropped where the door is leant on as you get up/down to the machine. Check to see if the catch enters the lock squarely in the middle, or if it hits the bottom of the lock. If it hits the bottom, open the door and holding the door firmly lift it slightly so as to tweak the hinge back in line.:)
Thanks, I will have a look. Squeezing the handle, it is a Beko machine, handle in the door, the latch is barely moving. Maybe it always did barely move and the door hinge dropping a mm or 2 is all it needed. Equally, it could be the latch mechansim I guess. Hopefully your suggestion is correct or my bodge opening method will carry on working.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks LQ appreciate the kind words. You'd think she'd grow up and have other things to focus in considering she's due to give birth in 2 weeks with her new fella ??‍♂️

It'll get there eventually and all that matters is the kids are happy and I'll never give up.
So sorry to hear this Wolfie. Consider reducing stopping maintenance and tell her you wanted to contact her but could not! Stick in there

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our local supermarket, like most others, is offering a dedicated shopping hour to NHS workers each day. A person from a care home went on our local town moaning facebook page to complain that they work in a private care home and were not admitted. No NHS badge, no entry. We then had a further tranche of posts from people in a range of jobs also wanting to go during the same hour because they are important as well. At that rate everyone will be allowed in and the whole point is lost. Not everyone can be classed as critical, stand aside for NHS workers and stop moaning.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Outpatient appointment. Two people including me in waiting area. Clinic due to start at 9.00 and all staff in by then. I was due to be seen at 9.30 and finally got seen at 10.25. Even in these difficult times that seems unacceptable when everyone was there, even if they had a couple of phone consultations in between

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Outpatient appointment. Two people including me in waiting area. Clinic due to start at 9.00 and all staff in by then. I was due to be seen at 9.30 and finally got seen at 10.25. Even in these difficult times that seems unacceptable when everyone was there, even if they had a couple of phone consultations in between
had that when i went for another Xray on my finger.
appointment was 9am, but the radiographers didn't start till 10am:LOL:

yandabrown

Visit site
This whole thread started because of loads of emails about GDPR. I'm now getting a whole raft of them about Covid-19, from the same people, apparently ignoring GDPR and basically all telling me that their call centres are having problems and to be patient (and then some other "advice" to make it look like they care).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My company have told us that nobody is allowed to cancel any leave they've booked. Then they try and claim it's because it's important we maintain a work life balance. :LOL: What a crock of nonsense, it's because they don't want everyone going on holiday as soon as lockdown is lifted. But in the meantime, if you've booked two weeks off for a trip which is now cancelled, tough luck. You're now sitting at home for two weeks with nothing to do!

They've also said you need to have 50% of your leave 'utilised' by the end of July. I don't know if that means taken or booked, but in over ten years I've never taken 50% of my leave by the end of July - I always end up a fair bit of it around Christmas. Hopefully they just mean booked by then as I'll just book two weeks off for Christmas straight away. They probably don't mean it that way though.. that would be all too easy.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our local supermarket, like most others, is offering a dedicated shopping hour to NHS workers each day. A person from a care home went on our local town moaning facebook page to complain that they work in a private care home and were not admitted. No NHS badge, no entry. We then had a further tranche of posts from people in a range of jobs also wanting to go during the same hour because they are important as well. At that rate everyone will be allowed in and the whole point is lost. Not everyone can be classed as critical, stand aside for NHS workers and stop moaning.

People are selfish

As a key worker I could claim I need that hour but the NHS doing the most important job right now and it's a pain yes but I think it's a Ness pain right now

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
So sorry to hear this Wolfie. Consider reducing stopping maintenance and tell her you wanted to contact her but could not! Stick in there

Can I suggest that you don't under any circumstances do that? It could be seen as a tit for tat in any future court proceedings and subsequently used against you. She seems to be digging a hole for herself, don't give her an escape route.

Good luck with it.

Wolf

Visit site
Can I suggest that you don't under any circumstances do that? It could be seen as a tit for tat in any future court proceedings and subsequently used against you. She seems to be digging a hole for herself, don't give her an escape route.

Good luck with it.
Never have nor never will stop maintenance, isn't fair on the kids to miss out because she's being a twunt. Also won't go tit for tat because when it goes back to court they can see factual evidence supports me

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
In less than 2 minutes it seems I can buy a hair trimmer from Argos, a shirt from next and some sand and paving blocks from B&Q (so I'll wager hundreds of thousands of other non essential items and hundreds of websites are fully open)

Do these delivery drivers really need to be on the road

If it isn’t food, medical supplies or essential household consumables why not consider not ordering until the lock-down phase has passed (& it stands to reason the more that can stay at home/avoid all contact then the shorter the lockdown phase will be)