Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
High staff turn over meaning that current staff, and I include myself in this category, have no idea of how things should work. I'm going in early today to help sort out the mess. Hopefully I may learn something as well.

D

Deleted member 3432

This rain needs to stop, only the lack of summer rain and low level of Thirlmere are preventing mass flooding downstream. Roads impassable county wide and another 100mm plus rain due to fall today.

Over 300mm has fallen at Honister already in last 24 hours.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This rain needs to stop, only the lack of summer rain and low level of Thirlmere are preventing mass flooding downstream. Roads impassable county wide and another 100mm plus rain due to fall today.

Over 300mm has fallen at Honister already in last 24 hours.
Does the M6 suffer in this or is it usually okay? I'm going down to Cheshire today and I usually go across to Carlisle and then down the M6. If it is truly awful then I can go A1, M62 but I would really rather avoid that, it is a horrible route.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I paid 80 quid for a Tool ticket the other week. I thought that was pretty steep. For Ed Sheeran you'd have to pay me 80 quid to go, and I'd still think twice about it.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does the M6 suffer in this or is it usually okay? I'm going down to Cheshire today and I usually go across to Carlisle and then down the M6. If it is truly awful then I can go A1, M62 but I would really rather avoid that, it is a horrible route.

I’ve just driven down the A1 and M62 to Oldham, was a very relaxed drive. I’ve heard the M6 is closed somewhere near Tebay because of flooding #AvoidTheM6

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am lucky in that I am not a fan of massive gigs, just don't enjoy stadium events. The Royal Albert Hall is a bit special and I would pay extra to see someone there. Otherwise I just go to smaller venues (which luckily a lot of the bands I want to see still play) so it tends to be Rock City or, if I want a weekend away to see a gig, somewhere like the Brighton Dome. Tickets are normally £20-£25 so pretty reasonable.

Mention again to Rock City and the excellent way they handled a cancellation. I had 6 tickets for Passnger but many fo the group thought it was too soon for an indoor even so I emailed them. They keep a reserve list, they handled everything, re-sold my tickets at face value and redunded me within hours. Perfect way to keep the scalping sites out of the equation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve just driven down the A1 and M62 to Oldham, was a very relaxed drive. I’ve heard the M6 is closed somewhere near Tebay because of flooding #AvoidTheM6
I suspect that is the answer. I wont be setting off from here until around 3.30, not my choice, so I would be hitting the M62 at peak rush hour. Sounds as though it is the better option today though. Thanks for that (y)

I don't the service stop offs on that route, there will be no Killington Lake, that's for sure :eek::LOL:

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I have see Ed Sheeran live and he is superb - puts on a great live show , remember when he did an impromptu concert in the hockey club for about 30 people - just him and his guitar , was excellent . That’s the good thing about music - multiple different tastes for all

D

Deleted member 3432

M6 was closed earlier at junction 39 with a lorry fire I believe although not sure which direction.
Shap will be awful in this weather but that is standard driving over Shap.

We drove up from Blackpool yesterday and north of Lancaster was 60 mph all the way with lots of standing water but traffic was light. Always more traffic south of Preston so I would say it should be OK but just take it easy and drive to the conditions.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I am lucky in that I am not a fan of massive gigs, just don't enjoy stadium events. The Royal Albert Hall is a bit special and I would pay extra to see someone there. Otherwise I just go to smaller venues (which luckily a lot of the bands I want to see still play) so it tends to be Rock City or, if I want a weekend away to see a gig, somewhere like the Brighton Dome. Tickets are normally £20-£25 so pretty reasonable.

Mention again to Rock City and the excellent way they handled a cancellation. I had 6 tickets for Passnger but many fo the group thought it was too soon for an indoor even so I emailed them. They keep a reserve list, they handled everything, re-sold my tickets at face value and redunded me within hours. Perfect way to keep the scalping sites out of the equation.

I'd prefer to stay at smaller venues, somewhere like the O2 at Greenwich as a maximum, but you don't always have the luxury of that choice; if it's a stadium or miss out, you'll find me somewhere in the stadium. 3 consecutive nights at Wembley Stadium to see Bon Jovi, Billy Joel & The Eagles was fantastic despite the venue.

The Royal Albert Hall is more than a bit special.

And more venues need to operate like Rock City to kill the scalpers. AXS now send tickets as a QR code to a phone app, don't know if that helps or not.

D

Deleted member 3432

M6 was closed earlier at junction 39 with a lorry fire I believe although not sure which direction.
Shap will be awful in this weather but that is standard driving over Shap.

We drove up from Blackpool yesterday and north of Lancaster was 60 mph all the way with lots of standing water but traffic was light. Always more traffic south of Preston so I would say it should be OK but just take it easy and drive to the conditions.

M6 South is clear, its north that is closed between j36 and j39.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect that is the answer. I wont be setting off from here until around 3.30, not my choice, so I would be hitting the M62 at peak rush hour. Sounds as though it is the better option today though. Thanks for that (y)

I don't the service stop offs on that route, there will be no Killington Lake, that's for sure :eek::LOL:

Aaah right, at that time I'd be doing the M6 then, you should miss a lot of the rush hour traffic by the time you get to the places where it's bad. I drove home from Birkenhead on the M6 last Friday afternoon, to say it was the end of the school term it wasn't too bad at all.