Random Irritations

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why is it, “okay” or “cancel” are okay stock responses from a computer?
Especially after it fails to do something it was successfully doing before ?
I am glad I did not pursue a career in IT , I would have smashed a lot of stuff and had a heart attack by now

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Letterbox draft excluders. We have one and I understand their use but trying to deliver the village newsletter (which is a bit thin on articles) is flipping irritating as have to fold it twice to get it through the door.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Letterbox draft excluders. We have one and I understand their use but trying to deliver the village newsletter (which is a bit thin on articles) is flipping irritating as have to fold it twice to get it through the door.
Years ago I delivered about 2000 A4 sheets advertising my wife's new clothes shop.
Due to some vicious snappy letter boxes my fingers were in shreds, not to mention a few wee gnasher dogs :eek:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Years ago I delivered about 2000 A4 sheets advertising my wife's new clothes shop.
Due to some vicious snappy letter boxes my fingers were in shreds, not to mention a few wee gnasher dogs :eek:

I've done similar and could have hugged homeowners who had a metal letterbox at the front of their house!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Piers Corbyn and other anti lockdown protesters gathering outside the court where the killer of Sarah Everard was sentenced for her murder, to make political statements. How dare they use the murder of an innocent woman to try and promote their cause. Staggeringly inappropriate ( Mod Edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Car designers who don't put the start/stop button next to the gear selector.
Car designers who make the gear selector so that you push it forward to go backwards and pull it backwards to go forwards

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The school’s umpteenth charity drive this month. It’s not the giving that’s the problem, it the medium they insist on. They’ll only accept cash. No bank transfer facility. Meaning on the way to school I’ve got to go to a bank to withdraw some cash, then to a shop to buy something I don’t want to get some change.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The school’s umpteenth charity drive this month. It’s not the giving that’s the problem, it the medium they insist on. They’ll only accept cash. No bank transfer facility. Meaning on the way to school I’ve got to go to a bank to withdraw some cash, then to a shop to buy something I don’t want to get some change.

Ooo ours are the opposite! Different pain, the kids get a few quid here and there in cash from grandparents, friends etc for sponsorship, muggins has to set up the online transfer and is left with 20 odd quid in shrapnel. Be careful what you wish for!!

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ooo ours are the opposite! Different pain, the kids get a few quid here and there in cash from grandparents, friends etc for sponsorship, muggins has to set up the online transfer and is left with 20 odd quid in shrapnel. Be careful what you wish for!!
Ha true, I’d never thought of it from that perspective.
We contributed the requested £3 to today’s event. £2 to the crap I bought in the shop. Leaving 15 £1 coins which we’ve left in her school bag. Should cover us til half term, hopefully. The woman in the shop looked at me as if I was an alien when I request my change in 18 pound coins.