Random Irritations

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Whilst I understand your point this post is incredibly sexist ...

Which bit is sexist as I do long for the day my lass would not expect me to fill her car up so she can go get her nails done in a morning. I do long for the day she’d do her own flat pack furniture, put shelves up and swap lights and fittings.

Or is it sexist that the man has gone to fill up the car? ?

I would say it’s a generalisation.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The way my father in law knocks at the door

Presses bell and before it's even gone off is knocking on the window

For crying out loud

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m guessing you never look at international news stories.

Ok if we going to play silly buggers .. more and more earthquakes in the UK now than before

Other countries get them all time due to their location , geography, plate lines.. fracking

We are starting to get them I guess we ignore them because other countries get them aswell... Not extreme enough

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stones...specifically the big ones in the ground on our allotment. Spent 5 hours digging out and only managed half a bed - knackered!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok if we going to play silly buggers .. more and more earthquakes in the UK now than before

Other countries get them all time due to their location , geography, plate lines.. fracking

We are starting to get them I guess we ignore them because other countries get them aswell... Not extreme enough

We've always had earthquakes ...................... and plenty of them, albeit fairly small ones.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How greedy I am. Two (not the small type) Yorkshire puddings is plenty enough for anyone. I had three and a half. Currently regretting that decision, sat rubbing my full tummy. To make matters worse, my Mam has brought round some home made sticky toffee pudding and custard, my favourite, which I literally can’t squeeze in.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reading stuff on LinkedIn about being a leader ..
What a load of utter rubbish, if everyone wants to be “a leader “ nothing gets done !

All organisations end up with are wind bags and people who love the sound of their own voice.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Job specs that clearly have no clue about the role.
They lump a whole load of tasks on the list, without understanding the time consuming interactions required with other stake holders in the business.
They will get someone to sign on for the role, but the truth is a lot of stuff will fall off the table/be missed/ not get done/ be low quality/ lack consistency and have no traceability… and that person will leave

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Due to the weather, some pretty major roadworks on a major route and petrol queues the town is at a virtual standstill.
Glad I'm not going out until after 12..

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Due to the weather, some pretty major roadworks on a major route and petrol queues the town is at a virtual standstill.
Glad I'm not going out until after 12..

Avoid the M25 near Heathrow!
Those idiot protesters are playing silly buggers once again. :mad:

They should all be tasered, thrown in the back of police vans and taken to jail for a week or so.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Reading stuff on LinkedIn about being a leader ..
What a load of utter rubbish, if everyone wants to be “a leader “ nothing gets done !

All organisations end up with are wind bags and people who love the sound of their own voice.

LinkedIn has been ruined by Influencers, turning into Facebook. One of my connections posts what he's been baking over the weekend every Monday.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LinkedIn has been ruined by Influencers, turning into Facebook. One of my connections posts what he's been baking over the weekend every Monday.
Yeah I see this stuff and heart warming stories as opposed to business releases.
I think we should rename influencers as slackers .. they don’t do anything of use. Advertising should be more restrictive

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
LinkedIn is now a platform for meaningless awards, virtue signalling, calling out sexism and racism with posts that are themselves sexist and racist, rhetorical questions and bogus stories about trendy issues. Now we also have pictures of dogs, children and endless nonsense about remote or non remote working!

Used to be good for jobs, sensible questions about real work issues and keeping in contact with old colleagues.