Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, also asked if I had any other appliances under 2 years old so they could sell me insurance for them. I'm sure they are good for some people, I just dislike being asked to phone up "to register for the free manufacturer warranty" then getting hit with a sales pitch.
Sadly if you don't, most manufacturers will default you to just 1 yr rather than the 2/3/5 years they advertise.
When they were called Thomson Bull years ago they were a much nicer company to deal with.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Think you’ve misunderstood Amanda’s post here
Maybe and I’ll hold my hands up if so but it seems like she’s suggesting no one can claim a moral high ground against any other team when it’s obvious to me that Man City are owned by the absolute dregs of humanity.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday evening discovering that a friend who often house-sits for us, and has done so for a few years, had logged herself into her Amazon Prime Video on our main TV and left it logged in so that we can use it…there was me missing quite a bit of stuff I’d heard of but have missed as we didn’t have Prime.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday evening discovering that a friend who often house-sits for us, and has done so for a few years, had logged herself into her Amazon Prime Video on our main TV and left it logged in so that we can use it…there was me missing quite a bit of stuff I’d heard of but have missed as we didn’t have Prime.
This should be in the gladden the heart thread.
Have you informed her yet :p

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saturday’s M25 from J10 to J18. Again.

I thought that was every day.

I made a decision on my last visit to my son's (Hertford) I am never coming home again during day time/ early evening hours. It is still pretty bad at 9pm but nowhere near as bad as daytime.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I thought the waiting time for a driving test was bad - no tests available here until January...
Just found out the earliest Theory Test here is 8th March....
I am depressed....

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was a bit silly watching the national geographic 9/11 program.
It had me interested as we did not get all the details and the Airplane messages I don’t remember being shared.
However the harrowing images, took me back and I lay awake thinking about it all night .. it’s still beyond me how or who would consider this as acceptable on any level.
It left me wondering have we moved on ? Is there another one of these attacks round the corner ?

NearHull

Visit site
I was a bit silly watching the national geographic 9/11 program.
It had me interested as we did not get all the details and the Airplane messages I don’t remember being shared.
However the harrowing images, took me back and I lay awake thinking about it all night .. it’s still beyond me how or who would consider this as acceptable on any level.
It left me wondering have we moved on ? Is there another one of these attacks round the corner ?
I didn’t watch any of the 9/11 programmes for similar reasons, I still have a mental picture of a falling person.

is there another atrocity around the corner, I hope not but it’s likely.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The council had all of summer and lockdown... but NO...

they decided that the best time to resurface the road is the week the schools restart. They have ripped out and are resurfacing a road - which has 2 schools on it. WTF. Someone has a very twisted sense of humor..