Random Irritations

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Interviewing an athlete, I'm avoiding a spoiler, after her gold medal ceremony and asking what they would have said to a recently deceased relative . An already emotional moment, the question is cheap effort to bring on the tears. Shame on them.

We had the same conversation. What a disgusting ploy!

RichA

Visit site
Interviewing an athlete, I'm avoiding a spoiler, after her gold medal ceremony and asking what they would have said to a recently deceased relative . An already emotional moment, the question is cheap effort to bring on the tears. Shame on them.
I nearly posted this point a few days ago. Virtually every interview I've heard or seen with a medal winner has concluded with a question that was either a disgusting attempt to make them cry or just something totally asinine...
"I know your grandfather died this year..."
or
"How proud are you of what you've achieved?"

RichA

Visit site
Yesterday, spent an hour helping my Dad track down a mysterious repeating warning chime in his car that wasn't accompanied my any visible message or light. It's been bothering him for days.
An hour of aimless driving around, checking through the manual and Ford forums revealed nothing.

Eventually traced it to his "older person's" style mobile phone that he keeps at the bottom of the centre storage compartment, notifying him that he received a text message a week ago.
?‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday, spent an hour helping my Dad track down a mysterious repeating warning chime in his car that wasn't accompanied my any visible message or light. It's been bothering him for days.
An hour of aimless driving around, checking through the manual and Ford forums revealed nothing.

Eventually traced it to his "older person's" style mobile phone that he keeps at the bottom of the centre storage compartment, notifying him that he received a text message a week ago.
?‍♂️
Are you sure that this doesn't go in the laughter thread ?