Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The guy commentating was saying, it can flip in a heartbeat, I was like yeh yeh, whatever mate, don't go explaining anything to this Olympic expert! Then blam, she is in silver! Confusing sport. i couldn't tell what was a scoring shot and what wasn't!! :LOL:
I saw a clip of the English bloke who snatched silver from the jaws of gold - and on the first viewing I had the two fighters the wrong way round in my mind as I couldn't figure out who was getting points for what. Completely baffling.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is weird and seems the punches are judged on their force I think rather than touching a scoring part of the body?!

Anyway - I now officially don't like it! The judging thing is an issue I'd agree. Started watching the diving and the first dive from the "unbeatable" Chinese pair wasn't great but was marked high and the commentator suggested some scoring based on reputation rather than what they see in front of them. Walked the dogs thinking no way could we get gold and got home to see we had :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is weird and seems the punches are judged on their force I think rather than touching a scoring part of the body?!

Anyway - I now officially don't like it! The judging thing is an issue I'd agree. Started watching the diving and the first dive from the "unbeatable" Chinese pair wasn't great but was marked high and the commentator suggested some scoring based on reputation rather than what they see in front of them. Walked the dogs thinking no way could we get gold and got home to see we had :)
I agree with what others have said - anything that needs judging shouldn't be in the Olympics. To much risk of unconscious bias. It should just be fastest, strongest, best, etc that can be proven without judgement.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
As part of the work being done out on the terrace there was supposed to be an electrical feed for the jacuzzi. Terracing all done but no feed. Chased them for weeks, giving them a date the jacuzzi was due. Jacuzzi man turned up last week with his electrician in tow, knowing they’d have to run a temp feed in - perfect, and we could use the jacuzzi.

Site electrician turns up today to have a look prior to doing the job tomorrow - he’s only been 4 times already. He’s now subbed it out to another guy who might come sometime whenever.

They screwed up the sizing on all 3 terraces, 2 of which it didn’t matter. Arrrggghhh! When they finally start a job they’re usually brilliant but omg do they know how to screw up too.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Had a good one today
Walking home from work with a black day sack over one shoulder, after a while I move it to the other shoulder and in doing so managed to knock a cyclist off his bike, who was trying to pass me on the pavement.

He wasn’t hurt, but I pointed out that I didn’t know he was there, what was he doing on the pavement and why was he so close to me?
saw 3 more pavement cycling adults afterwards

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheap and cheerful demon shine sprayed on whilst wet and taken off with a microfiber, although there are better detailing sprays out there is you have more time.

The best way to dry it, in my opinion, is with a leaf blower.
May get a few odd looks from the neighbours though!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a good one today
Walking home from work with a black day sack over one shoulder, after a while I move it to the other shoulder and in doing so managed to knock a cyclist off his bike, who was trying to pass me on the pavement.

He wasn’t hurt, but I pointed out that I didn’t know he was there, what was he doing on the pavement and why was he so close to me?

Cyclists on the pavement can face fines of up to £500. But this rule doesn’t tend to be enforced by many police forces. In the majority of cases when a fine is actually issued, cyclists will have to pay around £50.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cyclists on the pavement can face fines of up to £500. But this rule doesn’t tend to be enforced by many police forces. In the majority of cases when a fine is actually issued, cyclists will have to pay around £50.

All the lockdown cyclists don't seem to know this law.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Almost the only cyclists I see on the roads around here are the MAMILs..
Most ordinary bicylclists are on the pavements or cycle paths...
The ones that are on the road tend to be the ones that shouldn't be..

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Building a set of speakers for my mate and he said he wanted them done in black walnut finished in a red dye and then danish oil before a final finish of 2k clearcoat.
I asked him if he's nuts, black walnut is a cracking finish with a simple oil and varnish. But he insisted.

So used a ruby dye from the Intrinsic range on the walnut and, as much as I hate to say it, the result is outstanding. Brings the grain figuring out a treat and with the oil darkening it before clearcoat, they are going to be a total focal point in his living room.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a good one today

Maybe he has been subjected to so many dangerous close passes from cars, feels it's safer for his own life to ride on the path. (all be it illegally)

Here is one from a friend of mine just yesterday,

RichA

Visit site
Washed the car yesterday, first time since I picked it up from the dealer 4 weeks ago. They must have put some sort of wax finish on the paintwork and windows as it now has water marks on the bonnet and all of the windows. The windows are bug free but otherwise worse than they were before I washed it :( (detailers will be crying at my ineptitude there :LOL:)
https://www.imocarwash.com/

RichA

Visit site
Teeing off at 3pm. Need to leave at 2.30.
New putter being delivered by DPD between 2.30 and 3.30.
The app has been showing the driver doing deliveries within half a mile of my house for the last hour.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Teeing off at 3pm. Need to leave at 2.30.
New putter being delivered by DPD between 2.30 and 3.30.
The app has been showing the driver doing deliveries within half a mile of my house for the last hour.
Go out in the road and flag him down. :LOL: I've been in the same situation before and was so tempted to do that, haha.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The best way to dry it, in my opinion, is with a leaf blower.
May get a few odd looks from the neighbours though!

?

After bucket wash, I sheet rinse so that there is less to dry. Then if you have a leaf blower, use that to blow most of the water away, particular the water in the trap areas, such as wing mirror, trim, etc. Then dab dry with a clean towel. Use of a squeegee or chamois sends chills down my OCD spine!