Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couldn't agree more with this really. If somebody can't hack a few minor disagreements on a forum then they're better off out of it, and all power to them.

I get that, but some of the comments are pathetic, childish and, sometimes, plain rude.
Childish I can live with, pathetic is just pathetic, but the rude ones are just not necessary.
I guarantee they would not often be said face to face!

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
I get that, but some of the comments are pathetic, childish and, sometimes, plain rude.
Childish I can live with, pathetic is just pathetic, but the rude ones are just not necessary.
I guarantee they would not often be said face to face!
Is this the only forum you post on or have ever read? It's incredibly tame here, almost banal compared to many others. My good lady wife used to go on Mumsnet, that place is mental ??????

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chris Moyles and Johnny Vaughan on Radio X. They just spout utter garbage whenever they are on, if ever the phrase "love to hear your own voice" was coined for anyone, it would be these two pub bores.
Shame as the station generally plays some decent music but I have to turn off if either of these are on air.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chris Moyles and Johnny Vaughan on Radio X. They just spout utter garbage whenever they are on, if ever the phrase "love to hear your own voice" was coined for anyone, it would be these two pub bores.
Shame as the station generally plays some decent music but I have to turn off if either of these are on air.

I remember when radio DJs were there to give tidbits about the songs they play as a segue between the music (with the focus on music).

I think mid/late 90s they started getting this sense of self inflation that people wanted to hear them more than the music. Radio 1 became the MTV of the airwaves.

There's stations for talky talky and stations for music surely?

Disclaimer: radio stations tend not to play my "stylr" of music so I don't really listen to them which means the above view might just be as valid as my Euros final ticket made out of crackerbread...

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Spotify is the answer to that.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spotify is the answer to that.

I mainly listen to Radio 6 as it seems to play the whole spectrum of music but in the car I channel hop hence coming across Radio X lol. I'm not fussed about Spotify, I already have all the music I need on my phone and if I want more I can easily get it from *cough* certain sources ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I mainly listen to Radio 6 as it seems to play the whole spectrum of music but in the car I channel hop hence coming across Radio X lol. I'm not fussed about Spotify, I already have all the music I need on my phone and if I want more I can easily get it from *cough* certain sources ?
I never used to listen to the radio at all until I got my car two months ago. I now have Radio X and Magic as the only two stations I've bothered to program in, and flick between those two depending on my mood. I'm never driving far enough to bother connecting my phone up to play my own music, it's normally just 10-15 minute drives for me. The thing that irritates me about Radio X is not the DJs but the apparently extremely limited playlist. Even in those short journeys which I maybe do 3 or 4 a week, I still manage to hear one of the two newest Foo Fighters songs at least two or three times. I like the Foo Fighters but I don't need to hear them that much, especially when the new tracks could have been written in their sleep.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Birds in the ducted aircon. 3 times in the last few weeks we’ve had Sparrows peaking through the grills in the lounge and main bedroom. If there’s been a hole for them to get in, we’ve been airconning the planet through the hole too.

Had the fitter out today. 3 dead Sparrows fished out of the ducting.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Birds in the ducted aircon. 3 times in the last few weeks we’ve had Sparrows peaking through the grills in the lounge and main bedroom. If there’s been a hole for them to get in, we’ve been airconning the planet through the hole too.

Had the fitter out today. 3 dead Sparrows fished out of the ducting.

Doing your bit to combat global warming?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never used to listen to the radio at all until I got my car two months ago. I now have Radio X and Magic as the only two stations I've bothered to program in, and flick between those two depending on my mood. I'm never driving far enough to bother connecting my phone up to play my own music, it's normally just 10-15 minute drives for me. The thing that irritates me about Radio X is not the DJs but the apparently extremely limited playlist. Even in those short journeys which I maybe do 3 or 4 a week, I still manage to hear one of the two newest Foo Fighters songs at least two or three times. I like the Foo Fighters but I don't need to hear them that much, especially when the new tracks could have been written in their sleep.

Need to somehow get podcasts on your stereo

That's the future, great to smash through them on a drive really pass the time