Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Buying a train ticket, why is it so hard? I'm travelling to a small village outside York tomorrow. Direct from my station to York, one change for the local chugger. A return should be simple but it is not. In the end, I have to book 3 separate tickets, not to save money but according to the system there are no seats available on the key route if I book a return. Book separately and all is fine :rolleyes:.

The downside, apart from hassle of going through the system 3 times, is that if any train is late I am stuffed as they are all independent tickets.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Buying a train ticket, why is it so hard? I'm travelling to a small village outside York tomorrow. Direct from my station to York, one change for the local chugger. A return should be simple but it is not. In the end, I have to book 3 separate tickets, not to save money but according to the system there are no seats available on the key route if I book a return. Book separately and all is fine :rolleyes:.

The downside, apart from hassle of going through the system 3 times, is that if any train is late I am stuffed as they are all independent tickets.
look at www.TrainSplit.com
does the hard work for you ??

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Don’t think so. I asked and was told they were having supply problems - and they were busy replenishing the shelves other than green veg. Well of course they would say that. But it was irritating.

My only observation is, if you ask a member of store staff why xyz is out of stock the chances of you getting an accurate answer is fairly low, they’re more likely just giving you a polite plausible answer so that you’ll leave them alone to get on with filling the shelves

I wouldn’t take the answer too seriously but I totally get & share the irritation but at the end of the day the shelf is still empty & I need to buy something else or come back

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The user guide to the new MS Teams App my wife’s work has developed and just put live...it’s to support a key aspect of what is delivered to the public by the team she is in.

Put together by the team administrator the guide is frankly not very good and very confusing. My wife was really struggling with it so called her local desktop services support team (me) to help - she says that only two or three of the team of about ten have got to grips with using it - and I am not surprised.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cycling back through the village at school kicking out time. Dangerous times as not one Mum even thinks they're still on a road as they fling open their car doors and get out whilst looking at something other than the public highway they're on!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Oil now $75 a barrel ;)

Hopefully you’ll get independence soon.;)

Seriously though, I remember $110 a barrel when it was costing $60 a barrel to pull it, and that was 6 years ago. I’m well out of it now but I wouldn’t be surprised if it costs close on $70 a barrel to pull it now.

Personally, I think Scotland should be independent but I wouldn’t look to oil to be the great saviour.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Hopefully you’ll get independence soon.;)

Seriously though, I remember $110 a barrel when it was costing $60 a barrel to pull it, and that was 6 years ago. I’m well out of it now but I wouldn’t be surprised if it costs close on $70 a barrel to pull it now.

Personally, I think Scotland should be independent but I wouldn’t look to oil to be the great saviour.

Can the English vote next time too ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Needed to check something kn my EE mobile account..
Tried to login to the site and my stored password was declared incorrect...tried a few others I use but it was having none of it.
No worries as there's a Reset Password button - press......
"We have sent you a Password Reset email. Please follow the steps to rest your password..

9 hours later and I'm still waiting for the email........
Tried 6 or 7 times throughout the day.....Still waiting....
I'd go out of business if I treated my customers like that:rolleyes:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Needed to check something kn my EE mobile account..
Tried to login to the site and my stored password was declared incorrect...tried a few others I use but it was having none of it.
No worries as there's a Reset Password button - press......
"We have sent you a Password Reset email. Please follow the steps to rest your password..

9 hours later and I'm still waiting for the email........
Tried 6 or 7 times throughout the day.....Still waiting....
I'd go out of business if I treated my customers like that:rolleyes:

Has one checked ones junk or spam folder?
Do they have an old email address on file?

?