Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Finished meal in restaurant last night. £65. Came to pay. “How much would you like to pay Sir?” £65 please. Well the look on her face. Anybody would have thought she was hoping that I would say £80!

GuyInLyon

Visit site
A bit of double standards. If 30000 English fans descended on Scotland despite the warnings due to the pandemic, it would be all over the news, questions in Parliament and scandle left right and centre. 30000 scots arrive in London and it is all 'what fun to see the tartan army, aren't they great' and not a word about totally ignoring the (unrealistic) requests from both governments to stay at home.
If 30,000 English supporters turned up in Glasgow for a match and they were all dressed like Morris dancers I'm sure tat the media would point out how adorable they all looked.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
BBC specifies only BAME jobs applications to be considered, is it a slur to suggest the BAME community would not be successful if it was based on merit and talent?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finished meal in restaurant last night. £65. Came to pay. “How much would you like to pay Sir?” £65 please. Well the look on her face. Anybody would have thought she was hoping that I would say £80!
You missed a trick there, I'd have started with a low bid of around 30 quid and see where we end up.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
BBC specifies only BAME jobs applications to be considered, is it a slur to suggest the BAME community would not be successful if it was based on merit and talent?

I am advised by Mrs BiM that there is not necessarily wrong depending on the post in question; or are you saying that is the case for all posts?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sadly I agree, with pubs hard enough to get in already, booking requirements in most places, groups of 6 inside etc I can see that heading for the ground is about the only place a large crowd can go (assuming the fan zones are full).
May I be so bold as to ask what brought about this comment ( along with SlimeyS-' it may kick off outside the ground tonight' comment )??
Just curious!

4LEX

Visit site
Katie Hopkins.

I had the misfortune to stumble across her Instagram the other night and it was that bad I thought it was a parody account. The spreading of false information, science denying and conspiracy nonsense was running through it from top to bottom. Can't believe accounts like hers are allowed to remain unchecked :unsure:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Someone I know recently had a cycle accident and is now paralyzed from the neck down! :cry:
Was going to have a ride this morning .
This is tragic but could happen to any of us.
With all the miracles of modern science the spinal cord is still a mystery.
Let’s hope it’s not permanent sometimes it can just be a shock reaction.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My Daughter's athletics competition this morning was four boys/four girls from years 1 & 2 combined, apart from 3 schools who had a year 1 team, and a year 2 team - unsurprisingly, the three year 2 teams won Gold/Silver/Bronze, not that my Daughter cared, but it irritated me.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Daughter's athletics competition this morning was four boys/four girls from years 1 & 2 combined, apart from 3 schools who had a year 1 team, and a year 2 team - unsurprisingly, the three year 2 teams won Gold/Silver/Bronze, not that my Daughter cared, but it irritated me.

Good on her for not being irritated but I'm with you - why on earth field teams that are bound to win and not keep to the format of the others??