Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Couples who seem to think the only reason to get married is to have a big party. Don't keep postponing or, according to some possibly cancelling (!!), just get married because you want to get married. If it's all about the day/reception then have a look at whether it's the right move for you!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couples who seem to think the only reason to get married is to have a big party. Don't keep postponing or, according to some possibly cancelling (!!), just get married because you want to get married. If it's all about the day/reception then have a look at whether it's the right move for you!
Not sure I agree. For some people (have to say, mostly women) they have dreamed about exactly what their wedding will be like since they were young, and if they can't have all their family and friends present then it doesn't wouldn't feel right. I got married a few years ago, but everyone who knows me and my wife would have probably said that if it didn't descend into a massive booze-up then it just wouldn't have been us. :LOL:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Agree 100%, got a family member who has postponed 3 times because of lockdown, all very publicly on FB, all the drama and tears, all the posts how it was meant to be “The Day” endless photos of the venue etc.
They should have got married 1st time at the registry office then squeezed back into the wedding dress and 3 piece suit and had a big party when it was allowed. Unfortunately it seems the big show is actually more important than the vows you make.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Every time I think I’m starting to cope with the loss of my girlfriend, something seems to come along and knock me back ten steps. UGH.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure I agree. For some people (have to say, mostly women) they have dreamed about exactly what their wedding will be like since they were young, and if they can't have all their family and friends present then it doesn't wouldn't feel right. I got married a few years ago, but everyone who knows me and my wife would have probably said that if it didn't descend into a massive booze-up then it just wouldn't have been us. :LOL:
Family and friends is fine but when they want to start adding their 'Facebook friends' you know it has gone too far o_O.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree 100%, got a family member who has postponed 3 times because of lockdown, all very publicly on FB, all the drama and tears, all the posts how it was meant to be “The Day” endless photos of the venue etc.
They should have got married 1st time at the registry office then squeezed back into the wedding dress and 3 piece suit and had a big party when it was allowed. Unfortunately it seems the big show is actually more important than the vows you make.

I'm with you, we were the first in our social circles to get married almost 14 years ago now, and there was a huge expectation to have this big wedding (which we did. At great expense!) Would I do that again???!! NO WAY!! i would bugger off to a nice warm island and get married on a beach!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

guy at work when he got married to his second wife (current wife of something like 15 years) anyways they just went vegas .. got married and had a live link for people to view it .. party when they got home at the pub

seems a good idea

know so many people who spend 1000s on nothing .. one guy i know spent 60k think it was in the end... on one day.

soon as anyone hears wedding they triple the prices anyways

massive con

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree with many posts. Would I have the big day if I did it all again, probably not. May of the people there have drifted out of my life over the last 20 years and, if I am being honest, the big day felt more like a chance for the respective parents to lord it up at my expense rather than a day for us. Doing it all again, I would be off to the Caribbean with a few friends.

Still, of nightclubs want to open now, all they need to do is make sure someone there gets married and everyone inside is on the guest list:):)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
People that seem incapable of going around a roundabout and insist on going straight across nearly taking my front end off.
Add to that people that park in blatantly stupid places, on blind corners, on junctions, at traffic lights. It's becoming more and more common.

RichA

Visit site
I'm with you, we were the first in our social circles to get married almost 14 years ago now, and there was a huge expectation to have this big wedding (which we did. At great expense!) Would I do that again???!! NO WAY!! i would bugger off to a nice warm island and get married on a beach!
Similarly, we were the first in our group, nearly 23 years ago (I think).
Registry office, 40 guests, barbecue and MiL's brother's mate's Irish band in the back garden. Cracking day, but would happily have gone smaller.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Exactly what we did, 2 weeks in Sandals St Lucia and a big party in a pub with a hall when we got back. Best money I ever spent!