Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Newspapers headlining with inconsequential non-stories when the country is faced with really difficult short and long term challenges. Can‘t but help think that the headlines are intended to draw the attention of their readers from the difficulties associated with sorting the important stuff. ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
‘Celebs’ having a baby and then thinking they are an expert and writing a self help book about it. Latest one is Emma Bunton who I have already heard on the One Show and Zoe Ball this morning spouting the same rubbish each time. And also gushing about how supportive her husband was- that’s what is supposed to happen!!!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your head’s going to explode when you find out she’s basically German...

no. Really! Thank god you told me. Next you will tell me that Britain is a mix of peoples from all over Europe! But now i am in the light, what is the significance of this - are you going down the xenophobia route?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No, it is actually the definition.

woke

/wəʊk/
verb
past of wake1.
adjective
INFORMAL•US
adjective: woke; comparative adjective: woker; superlative adjective: wokest
alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"

that's a clamping :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
2 properties came to market yesterday we liked. Booked viewings on both for tomorrow (earliest they could offer)

Both have phoned this morning and cancelled having already sold the properties

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 properties came to market yesterday we liked. Booked viewings on both for tomorrow (earliest they could offer)

Wow, if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any! Fingers crossed for you dude!!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

The market must be as buoyant down south as up here, I just sold my holiday house and had 9 official offers from solicitors Within 2 weeks.
Tough gig at the moment, but what’s for you won’t go past you, got to try and keep positive ??

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Second near miss in 2 days, cycling to the station, either of which would probably have been life threatening. For the first time I'm thinking of retiring the road bike and stomaching the 2 mile walk for the sake of not ending up on some idiot's windscreen.

I made that decision a few years ago after a BMW coming along the A6 totally missed seeing me on a roundabout and I had to turn to the middle and go round myself to avoid being knocked over. A few weeks earlier I had another similar near miss.

Too many people driving with too many distractions! I used to cycle to the golf club on a regular basis before then.

I am thinking of getting our bikes sorted out and just taking them to safe places to ride as I am missing cycling.