Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yodel tracking confusing me.
8:37: Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery.
Estimated delivery date: Saturday 15th.

Surely he's not driving through the night?? That's a long old shift.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Neighbours who order parcels and then not actually be at home to receive them making the postman give them me.

I only order things for delivery at the weekend or when I’m on nights so I’m actually home to get them. Is it a hard concept to grasp? I now have two parcels sat waiting for collection from two neighbours.

Do I not answer the door and make the postie carry his undelivered parcels for the rest of his round or does my home continue to be a large post box?

Depends how you get on with your neighbours. If they do it all the time I probably would refuse to take them in. Not your problem.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Neighbours who order parcels and then not actually be at home to receive them making the postman give them me.
You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that: (a) all orders say when they will be delivered; and (b) even when they DO say when it will be delivered, it actually arrives on that day.

Amazon are terrible offenders - they tell you when you order that it will come on Friday, but then deliver it on Thursday - as if they're doing you some kind of favour getting it there early.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I only order things for delivery at the weekend or when I’m on nights so I’m actually home to get them. Is it a hard concept to grasp? I now have two parcels sat waiting for collection from two neighbours.

Do I not answer the door and make the postie carry his undelivered parcels for the rest of his round or does my home continue to be a large post box?

My postie says he is not allowed to leave parcels any where else unless it is specified by the consignee. Have your neighbours specified your house as an alternative delivery address without asking you?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pet insurance

Last month stocked up on dogs meds

About a years worth just because every 2 months was becoming an ache as it's a diff med each time of the 9 or so he is on

Anyways form all complete

Break down from me of all the costs
Receipts
Prescriptions from vets

Etc etc

£1111 claim

Still not paid

Contacted them. Got email saying assessor needs more detail

So I called and asked what exactly do they want? The team couldn't understand how it's not been paid it litterally has everything you need for a claim

Said dw we will talk to him and get back to you tomorrow (today)

Heard nothing

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The sub woofer on my speaker set is buzzing like billy ho when it drops below around 100hz, very annoying.
It was only part of a cheapish set of Tannoy speakers I bought a couple of years ago but I'm totally at a loss as to what to replace it with.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The sizes are not consistent. A 12 in one shop is equivalent to a 10 in another or, more likely in order to flatter the customer, a 14 in another (I might have that the wrong way around but you get the point). They should be the same in each shop but they aren't. So yes, women buy clothes that fit but they have to work out the sizing style of each shop to get to that point. That's irritating. Same as has been mentioned by orikoru and others but worse I think.
I find it quite worrying that you know all about ladies clothes. Should I call you Lady Tyrion at weekends? ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Charities knocking on the door asking for monthly donations.. like I will give bank details on the doorstep and seriously there is a lot of other expenses to commit to a regular monthly payment as well.
So just say sorry but no can do. Charities have been absolutely clobbered by the pandemic...and with fundraising events still uncertain they have to try and raise money some way.

One off donations are great but what charities need is committed giving as that enables them to plan and budget ahead. No donations, no charity - and in many cases some very big holes in services and support provision to be filled by government or NHS. And that’s the truth of it.

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
So just say sorry but no can do. Charities have been absolutely clobbered by the pandemic...and with fundraising events still uncertain they have to try and raise money some way.

Chances are though it is someone being paid by the charity to go door knocking and they also get a bonus for signing people up to a monthly direct debit. Same as those who in pre covid days would be out on the streets in shopping centres. Often use bully boy tactics.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

One off donations are great but what charities need is committed giving as that enables them to plan and budget ahead. No donations, no charity - and in many cases some very big holes in services and support provision to be filled by government or NHS. And that’s the truth of it.
I did tell him no politely, but I don’t want to be pestered on the door step, not by anybody ... the house is my sanctuary like my telephone is for me , not for people to pester me... modern society seems to think they have a right to my time.
Why are we having to supplement charities? Probably because of Tax efficiency schemes utilised by the likes of Amazon

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chances are though it is someone being paid by the charity to go door knocking and they also get a bonus for signing people up to a monthly direct debit. Same as those who in pre covid days would be out on the streets in shopping centres. Often use bully boy tactics.

Bully boy and/or guilt enducing "do you want to help..." and then you feel terrible when you appear to be saying "no"!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Filtered traffic lights!
Bus lane on left, other traffic on right. Bus lane & straight ahead along main road on green. But no-one can go straight ahead because of three cars waiting to turn right held on a red filter.
Why don't we in the UK have the constant filter left option when it's safe to do so , same as Canada and the US have constant filter right.