Random Irritations

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Discovering that I'm not 21 any more.

Took younger Colch jnr to his U10 football training tonight and they've got a long jump pit on the field. We were there a bit early so a few of the kids were giving long jump a go. After watching them for a few minutes I asked them if they wanted me to show them how it should be done. Paced out my run up, turned, ran and hit the take off board perfectly with my right foot ready to launch myself gracefully through the air and into the sand. Unfortunately as my right foot hit the board my right hamstring went twang and I collapsed in a heap on the ground. Now hobbling around in agony while being laughed at by both the kids.
Did you have your colourful golf trousers on at the time?! ??

sunshine

Visit site
The people who design the dashboard of modern cars (all fuels)
They start with a shelf and stick an ipad on it as an afterthought.
And the plastic blower vents that have been around for decades...:(

OK that looks like a crap car. Most of the "modern" cars I have seen don't look like that at all any more.

10-audi-a6-2018-lt-dashboard.jpg

7-range-rover-velar-2019-lt-dashboard.jpg

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a screen so you can change it to dials if you want. I think they call it a "virtual cockpit"

I had a Golf GTI for a few days and it was quite tricky to find and then use the touch screen compared to just twirling a dial. Looks cool but I didn't find it user friendly.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a Golf GTI for a few days and it was quite tricky to find and then use the touch screen compared to just twirling a dial. Looks cool but I didn't find it user friendly.

I do like that my car has both

If people want to be fancy use the screen but the dials are so much easier

But then I've not used it much you can press voice button and say set air con to whatever

Again prefer dials

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have gesture control on mine (it is a touch screen but as you say, faffing around happens too much).
I dismissed gesture control as a total gimmick (bit like the Heads Up Display) but wouldn't be without either now.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Filtered traffic lights!
Bus lane on left, other traffic on right. Bus lane & straight ahead along main road on green. But no-one can go straight ahead becacause of three cars waiting to turn right held on a red filter.

D-S

Visit site
So many junctions seem to be designed by people that don't drive....
We need to introduce the US system where you can turn left (right in the US) at most red lights but you must give way to traffic ‘green lighted’ traffic. Works well over there and speeds up junctions. Obviously not if there is a bus lane on the inside.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Still waiting to hear if my ballot application for tickets for AVFC v Chelsea is successful - the wait is soooooo painful!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Neighbours who order parcels and then not actually be at home to receive them making the postman give them me.

I only order things for delivery at the weekend or when I’m on nights so I’m actually home to get them. Is it a hard concept to grasp? I now have two parcels sat waiting for collection from two neighbours.

Do I not answer the door and make the postie carry his undelivered parcels for the rest of his round or does my home continue to be a large post box?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Getting to the garage ,after receiving
the call that the car is ready, to find they haven't done the MoT and I now have to wait while they find someone to do it...?

Last edited: