Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
And why do they measure men’s shirts in neck size?
I hate being constricted by collars so I used to buy large necked work shirts. Sadly this meant shirts like tents on me. Thankfully I no longer wear a tie so the whole work shirt/ tie size problem is no more. You're right, it's a daft system.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The terms Small, Medium, Large etc etc should be banned unless manufacturers can agree on standardisation.
How can one company's Large be the same as another's Medium?
Use measurements in inches or cms...
Along with Regular, Stiff, X Stiff in golf clubs? :ROFLMAO:

tbh the measurements aren't much better. The clothing manufacturers know that people would rather fit in to a 32" waist than a 34" (oh how I wish i was a 32, or a 34, or ... :eek:). So they just adjust the labels so to make people feel better. I've measured some pairs of jeans and they're not close to the number on the label.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fellas, it could be worse. At least mens sizes are meant to be factual, waist size, leg length, chest etc. Women's sizes are guidelines, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 etc. They really are random.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Discovering that I'm not 21 any more.

Took younger Colch jnr to his U10 football training tonight and they've got a long jump pit on the field. We were there a bit early so a few of the kids were giving long jump a go. After watching them for a few minutes I asked them if they wanted me to show them how it should be done. Paced out my run up, turned, ran and hit the take off board perfectly with my right foot ready to launch myself gracefully through the air and into the sand. Unfortunately as my right foot hit the board my right hamstring went twang and I collapsed in a heap on the ground. Now hobbling around in agony while being laughed at by both the kids.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
unless of course the 32 inch is fine in Under Armour shorts but too small in Footjoy shorts ?‍♂️ How does that work
This really makes no sense, you would think an inch was an inch but obviously some of them just guess rather than measuring. This year I've bought 34 inch jeans at Costco and had to exchange them for 32 - couple of weeks later bought 32 inch shorts there and had to exchange them for 34. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fellas, it could be worse. At least mens sizes are meant to be factual, waist size, leg length, chest etc. Women's sizes are guidelines, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 etc. They really are random.
Has anyone ever met a woman that is an odd size? Are their clothes either too big or too small?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whilst on the subject of annoying clothing, why do shirt sleeves get exponentially longer when the size goes up? When I was larger and needed xxl, the sleeves would have been fine if I was an orangutan! I needed more room in the chest/stomach not longer sleeves, no one has ever grown longer arms by putting on weight!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone ever met a woman that is an odd size? Are their clothes either too big or too small?
The sizes are not consistent. A 12 in one shop is equivalent to a 10 in another or, more likely in order to flatter the customer, a 14 in another (I might have that the wrong way around but you get the point). They should be the same in each shop but they aren't. So yes, women buy clothes that fit but they have to work out the sizing style of each shop to get to that point. That's irritating. Same as has been mentioned by orikoru and others but worse I think.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst on the subject of annoying clothing, why do shirt sleeves get exponentially longer when the size goes up? When I was larger and needed xxl, the sleeves would have been fine if I was an orangutan! I needed more room in the chest/stomach not longer sleeves, no one has ever grown longer arms by putting on weight!
I rarely ever buy proper formal shirts because of everything you've mentioned. I just buy a smart-ish looking casual one in medium and hope it looks alright. It's rare I ever have to wear a suit or anything though. I can never remember what neck size I am anyway.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Whoever at TM decided to put grey grips on these all black clubs.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2021%2F04%2Ftaylormade-p790-murdered-out-all-black-colorway-0.jpg

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The course we have to do every year to keep our licence up

Done at work 2 days a year

Course itself is fine

But the guy who runs it does it 9-5 when we all work shifts

So lovely 1 hour 30 min drive instead of the usual 42 mins