Random Irritations

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Relatives who phone up pretending to be concerned as to Mrs. BiM is recovery but who really only want to sound off about themselves.

I can really relate to this...I have one particular SIL who phones once in a blue moon to ask how the Mrs is (Since last September she’s had a Liver transplant, Biliary sepsis, several major rejections and has been told the transplanted Liver has a problem that cannot be fixed) but within a few minutes she is always bellyaching about her tiny health issues, problems with her bloke and work problems!!?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I can really relate to this...I have one particular SIL who phones once in a blue moon to ask how the Mrs is (Since last September she’s had a Liver transplant, Biliary sepsis, several major rejections and has been told the transplanted Liver has a problem that cannot be fixed) but within a few minutes she is always bellyaching about her tiny health issues, problems with her bloke and work problems!!?

It must be a SIL thing. Mrs. BiM went down a set of stairs at work, quadruple fracture of her dominant arm above the elbow, dislocated her shoulder, broken tooth (she's phobic about dentists :oops:) and she has had a half shoulder 50 months after the incident. But the SIL's husband had to have 8 X-rays in the week & was pulled about a bit. Whoopie-doo. Every time she calls it's all about her.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The new CH4 F1 commentator who uses the upward inflection on nearly every phrase, and David Coulthard's obvious adoration of Max Vesrstappen who loves to swear a lot on the team radio.
I will be making use of the mute button this evening.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It must be a SIL thing. Mrs. BiM went down a set of stairs at work, quadruple fracture of her dominant arm above the elbow, dislocated her shoulder, broken tooth (she's phobic about dentists :oops:) and she has had a half shoulder 50 months after the incident. But the SIL's husband had to have 8 X-rays in the week & was pulled about a bit. Whoopie-doo. Every time she calls it's all about her.

Did I ever mention my ingrowing toe nail ??

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
The Go Compare adverts. They were already bad but now they feature the real singer and his alter ego they are nauseating :sick:

I used to live with a guy, to whom the "go compare man" was a close family acquaintance... It's safe to say the stories I was told would suggest his ego is worse than his alter ego!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having my car five years and finally discovering it's got a heated steering wheel. Roll on winter.
I love stuff like that. I mentioned on a car forum once how I hated getting into a hot car. 'Why not hold the open door key on the fob for 3-5 seconds, all the windows come down. I'd had the car 2 years and never realised that was possible. I use that so much in summer now as I walk towards my car on a hot day.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The radio ads by misspelling claims management companies...now that endowment and PPI misselling claims are just about exhausted they are casting the net wide for anything that they think will make them money. And tucked at the end of the ads is stated that you can do it yourself - as I did successfully for both endowments and PPI. I found it very straightforward and it cost me the price of a few postage stamps and email.

But hey...there are folks out there who cant be bothered doing the claims themselves...but there are many who think it would be difficult...and it isn’t. Parasites might be a bit strong for these companies - but then again it might not.