Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
buy a half pint and a lemonade instead.

reminds me of a conversation I overheard a few years ago.

Punter asked for a pint of snakebite, only to be told in a disapproving tone "we don't serve snakebite".

He said "ok, can I have a half of lager and a half of cider?"

"Certainly sir' says the barman.
This happened at a wedding I was at once. Had a free bar for a limited time, we ordered double vodka Red Bulls - "no doubles allowed on the free bar". Ok, can I have two single vodka & Red Bulls please. "Yup." They actually lost out because we're then getting an extra can of Red Bull! :LOL:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's ridiculous, lemonade is always cheap.

No it isn't. Softdrinks are used to offset the lack of margin made on alcoholic drinks. It's entirely reasonable to charge what they like. It's up to you to decide if you want to pay for it and not all lemonades are equal.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
No it isn't. Softdrinks are used to offset the lack of margin made on alcoholic drinks. It's entirely reasonable to charge what they like. It's up to you to decide if you want to pay for it and not all lemonades are equal.
I remember when bottles of soda, lemonade and orange juice were left on the bar as free mixers for whisky and vodka drinkers.
The Shandy drinkers were too greedy and wasted it for proper drinkers :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember when bottles of soda, lemonade and orange juice were left on the bar as free mixers for whisky and vodka drinkers.
The Shandy drinkers were too greedy and wasted it for proper drinkers :D

I remember when you ordered an gin and tonic and were handed your drink and not given a list of 42 different gins at various stages of conversion to alcopop together with 57 tonics and then the list of garnishes.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember when you ordered an gin and tonic and were handed your drink and not given a list of 42 different gins at various stages of conversion to alcopop together with 57 tonics and then the list of garnishes.

Schweppes and Gordons (Maybe Beefeater, but you didn't choose, you got what they had!). The only choice was Ice and Lemon?!