Random Irritations

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Southern Gas digging up our road, our drive and our garden. ? They start at 7.30 and go home at 18.30. The noise is constant and the dust gets every where. All to replace metal pipes with plastic ones.

Four weeks of it so far, and no sign they are any where near finishing. Hopefully they will be gone by the summer. ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Fed Ex. They are useless. To get a package picked up, you phone an automated system, give your account number etc, and then say they will pick it up before 13.30 that day.
So, the last 2 packages I have sent have taken 5 phone calls each, and have taken a week to leave the building.
The current one has been in reception since last Wednesday night, I am 3 calls in, and has it moved? Has it bollocks.
Not my company, I can't change their preffered shipper, but Jeez are they useless.

Spent an hour on the phone yesterday, guaranteed pick up before 4. Nothing.

Another hour long phone call with Fed Ex today, ending in a promise to definitely pick up my parcel by 3 o clock this afternoon.

Yep, no show, again. No phone call, nothing.

Will phone again tomorrow, but I have zero confidence that it will make any difference.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Is this about the un-filtered picture? Both funny, sad and pathetic in equal measures.
I looked at the unfiltered picture and IMO she looks far better in that. The sad part about all this is that girls use these as what they see is the fashionable look when it comes to it, even she can't meet that standard without serious photoshopping.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Southern Gas digging up our road, our drive and our garden. ? They start at 7.30 and go home at 18.30. The noise is constant and the dust gets every where. All to replace metal pipes with plastic ones.

Four weeks of it so far, and no sign they are any where near finishing. Hopefully they will be gone by the summer. ?

They have no choice, it is an HSE driven project owing to inherent risks in metal pipes, stemming from an explosion in South Lanarkshire. If you want to know when they are due to be gone by, Google one.network, put your road name in & click on the roadworks symbol in your road.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4184962.stm

https://www.hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr888.pdf

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I looked at the unfiltered picture and IMO she looks far better in that. The sad part about all this is that girls use these as what they see is the fashionable look when it comes to it, even she can't meet that standard without serious photoshopping.

This deserves an infraction for firstly looking at a picture at one of those trolls and then secondly for commenting about how she looks better .... :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How stupidly long-winded it is to set up and use a mail template in Outlook. It's so many clicks you might as well sack it of and just copy & paste your previous one. Why didn't they just put it as a tab next to 'signatures'?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Asking someone to arrange a call for next week when I could do any day except Friday.
I'll leave you to guess which day the invite came in at 9am for ......

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Bloke on a FB Market place site wanting to but an item off me, cancels the look-see date twice, when he came back with a third time, I said "too late pal, I sold it!" Then he kicks off saying that's not on as I had promised to sell it to him!

I was going to reply to his sulky email, but I couldn't be bothered! :)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Bloke on a FB Market place site wanting to but an item off me, cancels the look-see date twice, when he came back with a third time, I said "too late pal, I sold it!" Then he kicks off saying that's not on as I had promised to sell it to him!

Be a sport and post it here.?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm one strike and your out with marketplace - don't show and don't let me know and you're blocked!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Today's Ebay irritation...

I'm selling a pair of speakers. Very big heavy ones (like 65kg each). The listing says "collection only, cannot ship".

Today's message from a potential bidder:
"Can you ship to China?" :rolleyes:

I had that in a pond pump.and filter, collection only, but eBay buyer bought anyway, even though when he was making offers I told him it was collection only.
anyway he bids and wins and then starts messaging me asking when his courier can pick it up.
I tell him I'm not waiting in for collection so he says just leave it outside, I tell him I'm not doing that in case it gets nicked. We have 3/4 collection attempts by Hermes that don't work, then he arranges a weekend collection by parcelforce, they come to collect but it's overweight for what he paid, so I tell them to take it and charge him as I now have proof they have picked it up. Plank

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I sold a golf bag late last year..collection only as I didn't have a box.
Guy from Glasgow buys it and asks if his courier can collect it.
No box says I
So he sends one down via a courier who waited while I packed it up and he took it away...:cool:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You tubers (not golf) who have answered so many questions I've had over the years but please......get to the point.
5 minutes of intro music, telling me what you're going to tell me, like and subscribe, why he made the video, become a patreon, and so on.
I love they do what they do but I can't help shouting ''get on with it''

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
You tubers (not golf) who have answered so many questions I've had over the years but please......get to the point.
5 minutes of intro music, telling me what you're going to tell me, like and subscribe, why he made the video, become a patreon, and so on.
I love they do what they do but I can't help shouting ''get on with it''
Thing is the video has to be over a certain length at times to be monetised and so they are padded out.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The rolling headlines on the BBC. A couple of obvious errors but not corrected despite appearing for about the 100th time. Get a decent proof reader for heaven's sake.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Know this is a common one, I have 4 different weather forecast sites on tabs on the browser. They vary from "don't bother leaving the house" to "you won't need many layers, enjoy". All different ?

[the forecasts may have been interpreted ?]

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Idiots who allow their cats or dogs to lick their face and the morons who use such pictures in adverts and films.

You do know how dogs and cats keep their feet and anuses clean?