Random Irritations

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I can't wait until they blooming move now I'm telling you

We knew about the roof and you know what we did when we got it on the survey? We said meh long as it's safe that's fine

If they really think a buyer is going to be put off that house for a 2k job their mental

And if your that worried use my mate it will be done within 2 weeks

As my Mrs says they only ever want things their way never meet half way

Exactly like me, my dad and all of our friends that live around here. Almost every garage has one of them roofs. It’s no deal breaker.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just keep yourself right (y). Is there a real rush to get it done maybe wait till new neighbours move in, fingers crossed they'll be more amicable .

Tbh no but if it's them doing it we want it done by my guy if possible because they don't sound like they have a blooming clue.

However. Until today it wAs bottom of list of things to do to house .. low low down

They txt me asking if I'd like done as their buyer wants done.. yeah no problem price sounds ok just want this bit of our roof done so ask for quote or I know a guy who will do the lot for this amount

Then it's been a constant message back and fourth all blooming day

Their buyer might just agree a fee!

Just bugger off and leave already

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly like me, my dad and all of our friends that live around here. Almost every garage has one of them roofs. It’s no deal breaker.

The house is beautiful. It's not got the loft like ours but everything else is pukka. K render. Fresh drive .. new windows .. downstairs shower. Repainted inside yearly

Beautiful

Sold in a day

So why would they make a big deal about a roof? Nd tbh they knew about it. They did the drive for curb appeal. They replaced fence for curb appeal

Why the heck didn't you just do the roof

I left it as

"If the costs get silly he can still remove the lot, redo your roof and rise mine for the price I said earlier including disposal of asbestos legally"

Basically either get it done or leave me alone lol

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I heard you'd had 2 sets of shafts and a set of heads in that time....:unsure:
#Triggersirons
The Guinness Book of Records will be very keen to hear that....:ROFLMAO:

They haven't been used during the lockdowns of course - I do have the occasional thoughts of Srixon or Ping irons but I'll never change the P790's (well not for a few weeks anyway)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
They txt me asking if I'd like done as their buyer wants done.. yeah no problem price sounds ok just want this bit of our roof done so ask for quote or I know a guy who will do the lot for this amount

Then it's been a constant message back and fourth all blooming day

Would it not be sensible to just go next door and speak to them about it?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@Fade and Die @williamalex1
Screenshot_20210408-095212_WhatsApp.jpg

Yep so basically I was correct , you can't be not affect my roof

I've offered to pay to level up using my mate

There is the truth they want to discount to the buyer

Dunno why .. just leave it they won't care

But up to them

We predict it won't be done lol

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My daughter works at a school and is currently on the two week Easter holiday. She loves baking and has been baking most days for peoples birthdays etc. Working from home and I smell the baking all day but I never seem to get any of the cakes/buns.
The main irritation is that she sometimes forgets to turn off the oven. One time she left it on at 200 *C for five hours with nothing inside but hot air.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
@Fade and Die @williamalex1
View attachment 36071

Yep so basically I was correct , you can't be not affect my roof

I've offered to pay to level up using my mate

There is the truth they want to discount to the buyer

Dunno why .. just leave it they won't care

But up to them

We predict it won't be done lol

Of course it won’t be done, new neighbours will not be wasting money on removing an asbestos cement roof that is no danger to anyone and is keeping the garage dry. It’s just something to push the price down. If later it starts leaking a lot of people cover it over with corrugated clear plastic sheets to avoid the aggro of removing the asbestos.

D

Deleted member 3432

Paint no render and brick up few bricks yes but it's not aesthetics I'm afraid (we wish)

Where the roof meets is guttering inside my garage that leaks

Raising roof and sealing the gap

Looking at the pictures and some of the stuff further on.

If you raise your roof is there going to be enough fall for rainwater runoff, its looks a shallow angle already?

How will you get a watertight seal between the 2 roofs if the work is not done at the same time? The step in height betweeen the roofs will need some sort of flashing or water ingress will be a real risk.

Best off getting it all done in one go, straight across using plastic coated metal sheeting with anti condensation fleece. I would stay clear of going down the fibre cement sheeting route.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at the pictures and some of the stuff further on.

If you raise your roof is there going to be enough fall for rainwater runoff, its looks a shallow angle already?

How will you get a watertight seal between the 2 roofs if the work is not done at the same time? The step in height betweeen the roofs will need some sort of flashing or water ingress will be a real risk.

Best off getting it all done in one go, straight across using plastic coated metal sheeting with anti condensation fleece. I would stay clear of going down the fibre cement sheeting route.

My mate will raise to same level then seal them both with flashing so it creates a seal and the run off goes into the guttering the angle does work ATM on the other one at the back

I've offered to have theirs done the same as ours and all sealed and I'll cover the difference

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course it won’t be done, new neighbours will not be wasting money on removing an asbestos cement roof that is no danger to anyone and is keeping the garage dry. It’s just something to push the price down. If later it starts leaking a lot of people cover it over with corrugated clear plastic sheets to avoid the aggro of removing the asbestos.

Suddenly getting more questions about my builder friend now I've said you know he has built extensions and done roofs before he isn't some amateur hour

Let's see if ever happens