Random Irritations

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Change "men" for "Muslim" and see how long it that's seen as a fair statement.

Grown men don't take their lead from other men.

We grow up with role models. Parents set the standards. But if you're not quite right in the head then nothing will change you.

I take it you were just as annoyed when women were told to stay in and not be out alone in Clapham this week?

No majority Should be restricted due to the actions of a mintory. Be that male or female.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf club prices are too high!

I need three clubs, total cost looks to be £600+ if I go new... I need a fitting to ensure I get the right lofts etc to fit with the rest of my set...

I might just have to buy two I guess and continue playing with 13 clubs

RichA

Visit site
I'm fairly certain that Jenny Jones wasn't seriously suggesting a curfew for men. Her speech was highlighting the fact that, throughout history, our society's answer to violence against women is to tell them not to go out after dark. In other words, an unofficial curfew on women.
Take the outraged reactions on here over the last 24 hours and imagine a lifetime of being told you shouldn't be out on the streets after dark.
Those outraged reactions pretty much emphasise that you agree with her, that half the population shouldn't have their liberties taken away because of something that was somebody else's fault.
Her mistake was to assume that everybody would understand it. If you speak to your wives, girlfriends, mothers or adult daughters, you might find that about half the population did understand.

D

Deleted member 16999

I've read some rubbish in my time Paul, but this absolutely, in the light of the recent events, tops the lot!

(Well, apart from the suggestion of a curfew for all men after 6pm)
You have to remember Chris, it was MY random irritation to which others took exception, including 1 getting close to being personnel.

No woman should feel unsafe in her home, on the streets, told what not to wear etc and if it means I or any man can change any of my behaviours by taking at look at ourselves then I believe we should.

We’ve had a poster apologise if their jokes have offended anyone then basically said, but I’m still not going to change, another saying it’s down to the parents but you stil get bad uns etc.

All I suggest is all us men have a think, take a look in the mirror and see if there’s anything we can do to make woman/society feel safer and if that opinion makes we “woke” then fine, let’s once again label someone who has a different opinion.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have to remember Chris, it was MY random irritation to which others took exception, including 1 getting close to being personnel.

No woman should feel unsafe in her home, on the streets, told what not to wear etc and if it means I or any man can change any of my behaviours by taking at look at ourselves then I believe we should.

We’ve had a poster apologise if their jokes have offended anyone then basically said, but I’m still not going to change, another saying it’s down to the parents but you stil get bad uns etc.

All I suggest is all us men have a think, take a look in the mirror and see if there’s anything we can do to make woman/society feel safer and if that opinion makes we “woke” then fine, let’s once again label someone who has a different opinion.

Story is too close to home, not that Clapham is that close it's more my 3 girls are all under 4 but one day they will want to go out and I want them to be safe

Also my wife has to use public transport ATM to get to work (when she goes back) she's same age as this poor girl. It's just a worry. I can't wait until Feb when she can switch to a more local school after her maternity pay is paid back .. (she won't take my offer of paying it back so she can just leave)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Car insurance claims fell by 19% last year..
It's THOUGHT it's due to fewer journeys due to Covid.
Mmm..I wonder what else might have had an effect...:unsure:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Unfortunately, people have different levels/ideas of what's offensive.
Should we all adjust our levels/ideas/behaviour to those of the most easily offended?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Story is too close to home, not that Clapham is that close it's more my 3 girls are all under 4 but one day they will want to go out and I want them to be safe

Also my wife has to use public transport ATM to get to work (when she goes back) she's same age as this poor girl. It's just a worry. I can't wait until Feb when she can switch to a more local school after her maternity pay is paid back .. (she won't take my offer of paying it back so she can just leave)

Its close to home for me, the place where the body was found was a golf driving range where I had my first ever lesson and frequented for many years until a new one opened closer to home. Also I have relatives in Deal and worked there often over many years.

I want what you want, albeit for my grandchildren, on a personal level and for every man and woman on a wider level but I do take issue with PaulJ42's post which, in effect, criticizes all men where, let's be honest, murder at one level down to abuse at another is something that 99.99% of men aren't engaged in, and cannot prevent.

D

Deleted member 25172

I totally agree, but what one person sees as misogyny or racism, another may not.
How do we sort that out?

Simple. The person offended is always, no exception, 100% in the right. Obligatory education classes until the offender thinks right before going on national television and apologise. Refusal leads to work camp.

I propose 6pm throughout to 11pm on BBC every Thursday for this purpose.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I'm fairly certain that Jenny Jones wasn't seriously suggesting a curfew for men. Her speech was highlighting the fact that, throughout history, our society's answer to violence against women is to tell them not to go out after dark. In other words, an unofficial curfew on women.
Take the outraged reactions on here over the last 24 hours and imagine a lifetime of being told you shouldn't be out on the streets after dark.
Those outraged reactions pretty much emphasise that you agree with her, that half the population shouldn't have their liberties taken away because of something that was somebody else's fault.
Her mistake was to assume that everybody would understand it. If you speak to your wives, girlfriends, mothers or adult daughters, you might find that about half the population did understand.

There are places near where I live that I wouldn't venture into or through at nighttime. And I would strongly advise my wife or any woman or girl , or indeed any meek person, not to go. That is being realistic.
Is that a good situation? Is that a tolerable situation?
Of course it isn't. Nobody suggests it is, and just because people here and throughout the Country recognise that it isn't the fault of just one gender, doesn't mean you are entitled to label all men as having to accept blame for the vile actions of a small minority of them.
What I find annoying is that it is a fair bet that if the authorities got (some say)heavy handed about this problem and started to sort these offending men out, then the same people supporting this attack on all men, would be the bleeding hearts that would condemn the remedy.
How about "forever life" for rape on "stranger" women : 10 years, no parole for domestic abh violence?.: 5 years no parole for indecent exposure:
Not maximum sentences, but fixed sentences?

Who are those going to bleat about how such sentences wouldn't deter, or how , instead, it is necessary to psychologically evaluate the offender before "treating" him.

It seems that we want these awful events stopped without being "nasty",
and so, in line with the way thinking has gone for years, let's blame society, or identifiable parts of it, usually some form of Authority, instead of the responsibility being put on the individual offender.