Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Actors on tv shows who buy a takeaway coffee or hand one to a colleague. Not only do they take a big swig straight away, it would burn your mouth off, but they tip the cup to a 90° angle. The cup would be full, you wouldn't tip it that far. If you are going to use a prop, use it properly.

I've seen a few do this recently and I think it fits this thread nicely :D.

For me it's how they handle the allegedly full cup of coffee. Clearly it has nothing but fresh air in it but they're actors for heaven's sake - make it look real!

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
One of the best actors for acting while eating a meal is David Jason, especially in Only Fools and Horses, he could demolish a whole meal while acting out a scene, just brilliant

Personally, I think it is easier to act a scene whilst also doing the act of " eating", Often thought that, as Jason does it a lot in his scenes.

D

Deleted member 25172

No, I don't think I do... vivid nightmares maybe...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So if you tee off about 4pm, do you play the back 9 off the reds? :unsure:

Only if being held up. Everyone knows that a proper round of golf takes no more than 2 hours, and everything above 2hours 15min is to be considered slow play.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm always amazed that in films and tv dramas that no-one ever has the need to go for a comfort break unless for some nefarious purpose, they can always get a signal on their phones no matter where they are, and that they can get anywhere by car in a major city within minutes with very little traffic to hold them up.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I'm always amazed that in films and tv dramas that no-one ever has the need to go for a comfort break unless for some nefarious purpose, they can always get a signal on their phones no matter where they are, and that they can get anywhere by car in a major city within minutes with very little traffic to hold them up.

Yes, And can always park outside where they are visiting!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The other thing, with any acting, film, or TV, is no one ever does anything accidentally. Fumbles the door handle, drops the phone, stubs their toe, trips on a paving slab. Yes, these happen, they are often in the blooper reel. But guess what, they happen in real life, so leave them in, it would make it more real, less perfect.