Random Irritations

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
More new ways not to have a full night's sleep. ?
Today, and here's my theory. Wifee leaves her laptop open so goes into sleep mode. A windows update kicks in & on completing (& assume restoring open items), YouTube which was on a browser tab kicks into life and starts blasting out a song at full volume! ?
Laptop now properly shut down.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My missus does nothing but complain how cold it is when the door to the lounge is open.
But she is the worst offender , comes in ,goes out just leaves it open.
So it’s only cold when she’s in there.
This lockdown is getting to long.
Sounds like my wife. Leaves all the lights on all day all over the house - but guess who has to change the bulbs??

She is very inconsistent over temperature actually. In the lounge she's always moaning that she's cold when I think it's fine. Yet at bed time she says it's too hot and puts the window wide open while I'm frozen. Highly irritating!

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Car insurers. I always compare. Found it £100 cheaper this year:eek: Rang current insurers and told them I wouldn't be renewing. Was asked what they could to make me stay. Told them I wouldn't be even if they matched it.
I have taken the ‘automatic renewal’ off our car policies, it’s not something easily done or found, but I’m fairly sure all the ‘auto renewals’ were higher than the previous year, whereas those not on ‘auto renewal’ were at least competitive. And guaranteed to save a phone call.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sky playing hardball over the cost of my Broadband/TV package.
What was £63 in January is £102 in March!
I've told them I want to cancel.
It's now a game of bluff ................... whoever blinks first!

What have I done?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last renewal, mine went up from 140 to 230.

I did a bit of shopping about, and got a like for like quote for 120.

Phoned up the current insurer to cancel the auto-renew, they say hold on and we will see if we can come up with a better price. They then come back and say "great news, we can do it for 165, would you like to go ahead with that?"

You can guess my response!
Do live alone on your own island???? £120???? I've never paid as low as that and never had an accident.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our neighbour and our bins... which we both leave in a shared alley. He always put them out on the street for the binmen. Has done for 30 years. Which is nice of him. But the binmen come on Friday. They've always come on Friday. So why does he put them out on Thursday morning. Or even Wednesday evening. And of course, I cant say anything...