Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was in Munich a long time ago, in a McDonald's, when some American soldiers came in. They grabbed a table, and one of them went up to order. He came back with a tray that was just loaded, must have had a dozen burgers of all sorts, half a dozen packs of fries, half a dozen drinks, the business. I thought they would all tuck in, but no, that was his, and then once he had sat down, the next one got up.

To be fair, my record is 7 quarterpounders with cheese, plus fries, so I can't really complain, but I was 19, and I had a proper hangover.

I remember buying an apple pie from McDonald’s about 20 years ago - the internal temperature is still hotter than the sun

Mandofred

Visit site
Wasn’t the Wimpy at the bottom of Crendon Street on the left, just up from the corner with Easton Street?
You guys have entirely too good of memories. I can only remember 2 road names, Daws Hill (where the base was) and Micklefield (where I lived the first year). I noticed a few years ago they arrested some terrorists on Micklefield. Lived above a newsagent and a fish+chip shop...heaven.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
What'd they do, steal you children?

They've got 36,000 restaurants around the world, there's gonna be one or two mistakes being made a day.

Just saying you're missing out on some good stuff! :p

As it was at the kids behest I entered...
Stealing them might have gone down well on that day (y)...

Truthfully I much prefer [even before I was more selective with my eating] eating at independent/family owned and run places...
Of which, I suspect, there way more than 36,000 of around ;)...

D

Deleted member 25172

I was in Munich a long time ago, in a McDonald's, when some American soldiers came in. They grabbed a table, and one of them went up to order. He came back with a tray that was just loaded, must have had a dozen burgers of all sorts, half a dozen packs of fries, half a dozen drinks, the business. I thought they would all tuck in, but no, that was his, and then once he had sat down, the next one got up.

To be fair, my record is 7 quarterpounders with cheese, plus fries, so I can't really complain, but I was 19, and I had a proper hangover.

Can't wait to get a McDonalds again. It's been months. I'm also one of those who on occassion buys either an ice cream or milkshake there and then dip my fries in it. Oh yes!

7 QP's? That puts my 6 cheeseburgers to shame! :sick:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
You guys have entirely too good of memories. I can only remember 2 road names, Daws Hill (where the base was) and Micklefield (where I lived the first year). I noticed a few years ago they arrested some terrorists on Micklefield. Lived above a newsagent and a fish+chip shop...heaven.

The terrorist cell was based in Walton Drive, so totteridge/ Terriers , but they hid a cache of explosives in Totteridge Woods which borders Micklefield, so let you off that one :)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Zip on carry bag has broke. How???? It's been in a cubboard unused for 4 months!!!!! Looked fluffy on the zip moved the zipper, wrecked. How????? (The bag is only 2 years old and only gets used in winter so only about 20 uses in all). How ???????

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's about the time....almost opposite the Post Office..just round the corner from Frogmore..

I lived there 86-93 ish. Looking on Google. Where I drank ,smoked, and generally had a brilliant time and spent a fortune has now all gone. The pub was a health hazzard. It just was a sea of fag smoke from opening time to closing. Everything went straight into the wash after each almost daily session. How my liver and lungs survived??????
Brilliant !!!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The twins have had colds over the weekend, basically sleep wise it's been rubbish. One in with us until night feed then I take one up the loft and Mrs stays with other or they just cried

Finally back to routine and then 8pm what's that noise outside? forgot overnight road resurfacing for 2 nights

Not their fault ofc just really bad timing!

Last edited:

Baldy Bouncer

Blackballed
Visit site
The twins have had colds over the weekend, basically sleep wise it's been rubbish. One in with us until night feed then I take one up the loft and Mrs stays with other or they just cried

Finally back to routine and then 8pm what's that noise outside? Ffs forgot overnight road resurfacing for 2 nights

Not their fault ofc just really bad timing!

Careful with that, it's against the rules of the forum pal.;)
I should know, I've received infractions for that in the past.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Oddly seeing two pictures on Facebook with evidence of drink driving on the same day.
One was an old friend from school, she put a video up with a pair of gins in a can on the dashboard and the caption “date night”.

Next an old colleague was mourning the death of his mother by parking up at nearby lake. Bottle of Bollinger and two glasses clinking.

No comments of the obvious on these photos just well wishes.
I am definitely living in the twilight zone.