Random irritations of the day......

GB72

Money List Winner
Our buyers buyer has pulled out, we were supposed to be exchanging this week.
House was on the market since June and the chain was complete in October. We'll miss the stamp duty holiday deadline, sellers probably won't hang around.
I'm going to have to sort my son's school application, and my wife is 5 months pregnant.
I'm lost.
Not much comfort I know but word around the profession is that the Stamp Duty deadline will be extended to the duration of all other covid financial measures

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Sorry to hear :( Seems quite a few chains are falling apart
What makes it worse is the council were buying our buyers house, which I thought would be a safe bet and no issues as ultimately, it's not an individual getting cold feet. They'd actually advertised for houses they wanted.
Our buyer lives on our estate already and wanted ours which is bigger. Council have pulled out as they don't want the estate management fee to be an issue....it's £75 per year and they've known about it since October. I'm tempted to say I'll pay it for them every year even after we've gone.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
What makes it worse is the council were buying our buyers house, which I thought would be a safe bet and no issues as ultimately, it's not an individual getting cold feet. They'd actually advertised for houses they wanted.
Our buyer lives on our estate already and wanted ours which is bigger. Council have pulled out as they don't want the estate management fee to be an issue....it's £75 per year and they've known about it since October. I'm tempted to say I'll pay it for them every year even after we've gone.
That is worse :( , is it worth a conversation with the council to see if their is a way of resolving over such a small fee?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Our most productive member of staff has just had an isolate notification from the nhs app. She doesn't know anyone with covid but she obviously has to follow the guidelines.

It would never be good timing but at the moment it is extra unhelpful.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
That is worse :( , is it worth a conversation with the council to see if their is a way of resolving over such a small fee?
I can't as it's not my buyer directly. Link one in the chain and I'm number 3.
Our sellers have said they'll give us a week and then it'll go back on the market. Can't ask for much else really, it was on the market for a year before we made an offer though so maybe it'll be a while again. Knowing our luck they'll get a buyer straight away, but can't begrudge them that, not their fault or ours really.