Random Irritations

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And if, as has happened, house prices fall; who should face the sack then?

The housebuyer?

I think you had better stick to cash and National Savings.
Not comparable a house buyer/seller cannot instantly move stuff .. a house owner is open to more random inputs they cannot react to.
Like I said if your happy with system then fine but I am not.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The car insurance industry is worse. Where else can you mess it up badly enough to make a loss, and then just charge your customers more next year to make up for the shortfall. Having insurance is compulsory, so it's a closed market, and people have to pay.
Yeah I had this with a no fault accident, the solicitor wanted me to sign a waiver saying if they lost I would foot the bill. I asked them how they thought they would lose, and they did not reckon they would they just wanted to be covered just in case. I didn’t sign, and they did not go to court and then the damage repair wasn’t paid because they did not go to court. The damage repair company asked me to pay, I told them that it was the insurance company who were liable. The insurance company then said I failed to sign the court waiver, and I said the other party admitted liability why was it going to court? But that cost me a solicitor’s time to tell another solicitor to go and smell the coffee.
So insurance is a scam, buy the basic in the knowledge they have caveated everything/promises and will not deliver. Like you say no competition and the status quo remains with the customer being the victim.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
People who use RIP threads for unwarranted snide digs. :mad:

Read this before heading to the other thread but would have bet money on who the poster was.

An all time low to have a dig at a delightfully charming and inspirational man at such a sad time for his family (and most of the nation who saw him in the bright light he deserved).

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Read this before heading to the other thread but would have bet money on who the poster was.

An all time low to have a dig at a delightfully charming and inspirational man at such a sad time for his family (and most of the nation who saw him in the bright light he deserved).

Would it be unreasonable to hope that the mods have arranged a holiday from the forum for the poster in question? :unsure:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I wonder if his friends who were going to sue the NHS got any of the £32 million raised by Captain Tom.
I will say no more

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Principle of insurance is that "the losses of the few are shared by the many".

If costs of settling claims exceeds premium income the shortfall is collected from all.

No other industry works like this. If you don't bring in enough money, you make a loss. You can't just charge all of your customers more to cover it. Only insurance works in this way.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would it be unreasonable to hope that the mods have arranged a holiday from the forum for the poster in question? :unsure:

I think that's a little North Korea no? if that's his opinion, then that's up to him (If that genuinely is his opinion, then I feel for him), We don't have to agree to it, but to silence him as people found it offensive? I would say it was in very bad taste and lacked tact etc etc.

Just asking for someone to get banned as their opinion is not the same as everyone else's, is a little orwellian..

However, Marc can be controversial just for the sake of it.. Not unlike many others here... So a ban for inciting arguments/trolling? maybe, I am not up to speed on the forum rules. This is probably my most controversial post ever!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
We all have opinions which might be a touch unpopular. I have posted loads on here where I think one way and someone else thinks a different way. Grounds for debate really and removing the post and the poster because you disagree isn’t the way to go.

Use the ignore function if you have to

D

Deleted member 16999

I think that's a little North Korea no? if that's his opinion, then that's up to him (If that genuinely is his opinion, then I feel for him), We don't have to agree to it, but to silence him as people found it offensive? I would say it was in very bad taste and lacked tact etc etc.

Just asking for someone to get banned as their opinion is not the same as everyone else's, is a little orwellian..

However, Marc can be controversial just for the sake of it.. Not unlike many others here... So a ban for inciting arguments/trolling? maybe, I am not up to speed on the forum rules. This is probably my most controversial post ever!
We all have opinions which might be a touch unpopular. I have posted loads on here where I think one way and someone else thinks a different way. Grounds for debate really and removing the post and the poster because you disagree isn’t the way to go.

Use the ignore function if you have to
Well said, people should use the report button themselves rather than bitching or abusing other posters (which is against forum rules) on here.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Totally correct, all of us have life experiences that affect our opinions, and also sometimes we post without thinking ? a little bit leeway should be given.. I looked at other recent posts and really could not justify some of the opinions or condone the action of deletion/ holiday time.
There are other candidates on here that I would say have caused more offence in their posts and lack of respect to other posters ... you can tell when the open with a direct quote and the phrase “nonsense!” ?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The fact that there are a "Gay Games" - I am all for promoting equality and removing past injustices but is there a "Straight Games"? Goes down the same road as the Black Police Federation. Sorry but this kind of thing has done my head in for years.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

• Trolling/Flaming - 3 Points, Expires 45 days
    Deliberately picking fights with other members or starting threads/making posts with the intention of causing unrest or ill-feeling.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The fact that there are a "Gay Games" - I am all for promoting equality and removing past injustices but is there a "Straight Games"? Goes down the same road as the Black Police Federation. Sorry but this kind of thing has done my head in for years.
Lots of things in a similar vein. There are MOBO awards but not MOWO ones.