Random irritations of the day......

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
had my Mountain bike in for a repair, the rear guide sprockets kept jumping, guy said the chain ring was a bit worn too, rang them this morning, want £250 for repairs, thats without the chain ring which still hasn't arrived, only paid £300 SH talk about rip off... FYI they hadn't done what i took in in for in the first place, the sprockets:mad:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
had my Mountain bike in for a repair, the rear guide sprockets kept jumping, guy said the chain ring was a bit worn too, rang them this morning, want £250 for repairs, thats without the chain ring which still hasn't arrived, only paid £300 SH talk about rip off... FYI they hadn't done what i took in in for in the first place, the sprockets:mad:
Have you said yes to the work?

banjofred

A bit harsh I think with the price.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Diy, fettling bikes is pretty easy 👍

BrianM

Head Pro
Where was this Patrick?
We got Harry a new Merida mountain bike from Monster Bikes and he came off a flyer before Christmas and they repaired it for free, very happy with the customer service.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
Where was this Patrick?
We got Harry a new Merida mountain bike from Monster Bikes and he came off a flyer before Christmas and they repaired it for free, very happy with the customer service.
Inverness Bikes on Portland street, usually use Monster, but when it went at the start of Dec, i rang them, the guy said just bring it down, when i got there another guy says was it booked in??
We are booked till the end of Jan,no one would have told you to just bring it down:rolleyes:

GB72

Money List Winner
Brit on an Antigua Facebook group I follow boasting how he is there on holiday by bluffing that he was a travel agent and travel photographer going on business

Traminator

Brit on an Antigua Facebook group I follow boasting how he is there on holiday by bluffing that he was a travel agent and travel photographer going on business
Report it to the police.

It's about time we got rid of this "grassing up" stigma and viewed it for what it really is, ie doing every decent person a favour.

chellie

Tour Winner
Idiots on the train with the mask below the nose and then sniffing and coughing. Moved seats, the next carriage seemed far enough
Someone registering at the hospital yesterday for their covid vaccination didn't have the mask over their nose! I can only assume the staff booking them in were not allowed to tell them to wear it properly!

Neighbour has had an exercise bike delivered, she wasn’t in so I took it in. Come back from work and it’s still in the house. Our lass says it’s too heavy for her to take round and the neighbour hasn’t been round.
Means I’ll have to take it, wouldn’t be too bad but being a young chap delivering a large parcel to his single nifty fifty neighbour just screams a compromising situation.

I don’t need this kind of stress. I’ve seen how it ends up on the internet.

GB72

Money List Winner
This year is going to be the first time I have watched the 6 nations without friends or family. Even for the restart of the last one we could meet in groups of 6

Stuart_C

Loud & Wide
Neighbour has had an exercise bike delivered, she wasn’t in so I took it in. Come back from work and it’s still in the house. Our lass says it’s too heavy for her to take round and the neighbour hasn’t been round.
Means I’ll have to take it, wouldn’t be too bad but being a young chap delivering a large parcel to his single nifty fifty neighbour just screams a compromising situation.

You must offer to erect it for her.....

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner

Be careful if she asks you to fix something under the sink