Random Irritations

sunshine

Visit site
Reaching that stage of lockdown again where you can sod pubs, friends etc and just long for the barbers to be open.

Just claim to be a footballer and then you can get a haircut no problem. Works for many things, footballers are exempt from most lockdown restrictions.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The same old clap trap about investments go up and down ... should mean we take your money, we drink champers, buy a couple lines of coke and spend it on a filly and blame it on the stock exchange.

Should be guaranteed growth only, and they should have insurance to cover any losses... how many structural engineers say the beam might not take the weight and you may suffer a house collapse ? None, and if it happens they have professional indemnity insurance ...

Just saying .. !

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The same old clap trap about investments go up and down ... should mean we take your money, we drink champers, buy a couple lines of coke and spend it on a filly and blame it on the stock exchange.

Should be guaranteed growth only, and they should have insurance to cover any losses... how many structural engineers say the beam might not take the weight and you may suffer a house collapse ? None, and if it happens they have professional indemnity insurance ...

Just saying .. !

Can’t believe I’m seeing PII on here. There’s no escape from it now as it’s what I do for a living

Mandofred

Visit site
Every 3 days? Are you Chewbacca?
I'm about 6 feet shorter....speak with an American accent (because...I'm Amurican). Alopecia......no eyebrows either. Random bits of bloody annoying hair keep growing.....every 3 days is about right. If it's 5 days....I ask my wife to come take the razor over the head since I can't see everything. Although.... I do like to hit things....so there is some Chewbacca in there somewhere....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Just saying .. !

think youre looking for a savings account ;)

D

Deleted member 18588

Just saying .. !

Don't think that a market based economy is the best place for you is it !?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't think that a market based economy is the best place for you is it !?
Dunno would you like something to fail and then the response well stuff happens .. suck it up.. it’s not market based economies it’s about delivering a service in a professional manner. These people are paid wages that are not inline with these amateur ideals. If you want to accept this, that’s fine.
I don’t, incompetence is not acceptable ... we should not be brushing it under carpet with lame excuses. If I did that I would lose my job, kill a few people as a consequence and cost the organisation I was employed by millions. So in my book you make loss, your crap at your job, go forth and multiply. You have failed the number 1 requirement of the role. That is capitalism and currently we are being a social service by accepting this ineptitude.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The car insurance industry is worse. Where else can you mess it up badly enough to make a loss, and then just charge your customers more next year to make up for the shortfall. Having insurance is compulsory, so it's a closed market, and people have to pay.

D

Deleted member 18588

Dunno would you like something to fail and then the response well stuff happens .. suck it up.. it’s not market based economies it’s about delivering a service in a professional manner. These people are paid wages that are not inline with these amateur ideals. If you want to accept this, that’s fine.
I don’t, incompetence is not acceptable ... we should not be brushing it under carpet with lame excuses. If I did that I would lose my job, kill a few people as a consequence and cost the organisation I was employed by millions. So in my book you make loss, your crap at your job, go forth and multiply. You have failed the number 1 requirement of the role. That is capitalism and currently we are being a social service by accepting this ineptitude.

And if, as has happened, house prices fall; who should face the sack then?

The housebuyer?

I think you had better stick to cash and National Savings.

D

Deleted member 18588

The car insurance industry is worse. Where else can you mess it up badly enough to make a loss, and then just charge your customers more next year to make up for the shortfall. Having insurance is compulsory, so it's a closed market, and people have to pay.

Principle of insurance is that "the losses of the few are shared by the many".

If costs of settling claims exceeds premium income the shortfall is collected from all.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'll raise you, Pets Allowed...on rental property adverts
Interesting question. I have a no pets policy at my holiday home. Don't want the beds and sofas getting trashed or that 'wet dog' smell everywhere. Quite happy to accept that I'll lose some bookings but it keeps the place in good order.