Raise A Glass!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Raise a glass and wish my Brother Happy Birthday folks.

He has served us in both Gulf 1 and 2,Bosnia,N. Ireland,Belize, Afghanistan,Iraq and is just heading back out for his last tour.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the politics,the guys on the ground deserve our support.

God bless him and bring him home safely.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems random but I am always one to support the armed forces. Good on your brother and best of luck with his tour, the job they do is truly commendable. I hope he has a good day.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Know its a bit random but had just got off phone with him and was at keyboard feeling bit emotional.

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hope he has a good birthday and wish him luck on his tour. My nephew is out in Afghanistan at the moment and hubby was in the armed forces until a couple of years ago.
Ours boys do a sterling job for Queen and country,
So say us all.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Indeed, pass on my best to him and all his colleagues. Whatever they are asked to do, the British armed forces are professional and the best in the world and deserve our unreserved support.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have the best forces in the world and we should all be very proud of them. Hope it all goes OK for him Nico.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Much appreciated folks.
They are doing it with rubbish kit too. He takes a trip to Millets before every posting,makes me question what we pay our taxes for.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nico,

I entirely support our troops in whatever endevour they are obliged to act on our behalf in a theatre of war.

If you get to see this mate - happy birthday from someone here who's proud of our troops and disgusted that you're not getting what you need to do the job properly.

I wish you a safe tour and a safe return to family and friends.

(claps loudly)

billy

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ditto to what all have raised previously.

I have a mate that was in the armed forces from his early teens. he sent a pic back of him stood next to Tony Blair and from the angle of the pic it looked like he had the gun to his head. I emailed him back and asked him how much?
Professional as ever he said "i'm here to protect"

He came out the army last Aug and I thought that was it.
He's now signed up for "security" work in Africa.
I guess once it's in your blood.....

I applaud them all.

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Will raise a glass tonight and wish him weel, Its my No.2 son today Friday the 13th 1970.
He has been in 22 years serveed in both gulf wars,Bosnia twice, Kosavo, NI 3 tours, Falklands for 6 mths now in dry dock with a broken ankle falling off skateboard last sat.
Wish all the squaddies well even the bootnecks.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I think there's a lot of support for all the armed forces in whichever theatre they're operating in. It's important to split the difference between the guys who send them there and their reasons for it (politicians), and the guys on the ground that pay the price for carrying out those orders (armed forces).

I was watching the footage of the siege in southern Iraq last Monday night, and having done two years in the TA, I have the utmost respect for our troops, particlarly the frontline soliders. These guys have a sense of loyalty and not only to the country, but also to each other that I miss in 'civvy' street.

As for the equipment issue, it was the same during the Falklands war; boots that weren't waterproof for one.

Nico, hope that this thread is accessable to your brother and the rest of his troop.

Just puts everything else into perspective, we have a bad day on the golf course, and the likes of your brother are concerned about roadside bombs etc. It makes our problems in civvy street seem rather pathetic.

Please pass on our best wishes, not only for his birthday, but all the while on duty.