R11 vs r11s vs rbz vs sf2.0 tp

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right I'm really into this white driver head thing,I just like TM woods for some reason.
I've hit the RBZ and R11s and get simialr results, the RBZ tp and tour were not great for me.
How do the RBZ and R11s stack up against the R11 and SF2.0 tp ? Unable to try these as they are discontinued.
I genrally need a 10 degree driver with a regular shaft and have a high ball flight.
Got on well with the original R9 and Burner 09 but sold it based on magazine advertising!! (never again!)
Looking to buy one and keep it in the bag for a few seasons as really happy with my other bats.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have tried them all and owned the SF2.0 and R11s. To me the R11s has the most forgiving face. The superfast still went well but when hit away from the centre, it went nowhere. Not scientific but I would suggest trying an R11s with a few shafts at your local fitter.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have tried them all and owned the SF2.0 and R11s. To me the R11s has the most forgiving face. The superfast still went well but when hit away from the centre, it went nowhere. Not scientific but I would suggest trying an R11s with a few shafts at your local fitter.

I would agree; the the SF is the more powerful, the R11s is the more forgiving - then you have the adjustability elements. RBZ is in the middle!

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had an r9 which I then upgraded to a supertri, then went white with an R11, i found it was better than the R9 but not much in it with the supertri although the white head black face combo was easier to align.
Now on an r11s and it's the bees knees IMO very forgiving and giving great length.
Add in the adjustability and it's well worth considering. Not tried the superfast or RBZ

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you tend to fade the ball or hit the occasional slice forget the SF 2.0 TP. I liked the R9 but hated the R11S when I tried it as I could not get on with it. I found the RBZ to be excellent but like you hit it high, (the Ping G20 was the same and there wasn't a lot between them). Just to cause you more confusion I bought the Nike VR Pro 10.5 with project X shaft and found the trajectory to be quite a bit lower.

Out of the TM's I'd go for the RBZ.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well since i really dont have a problem with a fade or slice (hook anyone) I've put a silly low bid on ebay for a sf 2.0 tp in my spec.
If I don't win I'll probably get a head and put a decent shaft in it,maybe the r11 or RBZ.

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
never tried an sf2.0 so cant comment, tried the rbz 3 wood and driver, the driver was barely outraging the 3 wood so that put me off getting on, r11 was brill, a good bit further (for me anyway) than the rbz, but broke my wrist before i could buy, r11s came down in price when i recovered, it was the r11 but better, few extra yards and the extra adjust-ability was spot on, very forgiving and has such a nice sound when you really whack a good one

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I don't bother with a driver!

My RBZ 3w is up besides or better than most peoples drives I have played with (other than the odd exceptional hitters) so it gives me more options in my bag, which I'm still shuffling at times.

No need carrying one for the sakes of it if my 3w gets me accurately where I want to be.