Quick? is Kirtlington, Oxfordshire worth a 120 round trip for a winter series?

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all just did a quick search and looked at reviews, there doesnt seem much about handful of reviews some good some average. golfshake rating 4/2 from 5

any reviews from your guys ?? or is it simply stay at home Sunday morning and save yourself £25 + £20 petrol :thup:

D

Deleted member 23270

I commute a 90 mile round trip every day for work so 120 miles is no big deal. If you are using motorways I'm guessing not much more than an hour each way?
Don't know what the course is like but the distance wouldn't put me off.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What's Winter Series? As for the course, I haven't played it myself, but have heard it is meant to be pretty good.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played it a couple of times with my Society and back there in the autumn.
It drains very well, last time I played I was driving to the course and the rain had been thrashing it down for a couple of hours, was easing off when I turned up.

After a 30 minute delay there was no standing water to be seen

It’s a decent course, couple of nice holes by the canal, not the best course in the world, but I’ve played much worse

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I pop to the range there from time to time and noticed there were pushing the full tees and greens all winter. They are doing a series of qualifying open comps. Also some 2 or 3 months winter memberships. I never actually played the full course, only the 9 holer. I must try and play it this year.

I think you could enter just one winter series and see what you think

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Winter comp they run 👍

Cheers for all other replays I'll save £25 entry and £20 petrol then 😎
mileage isn't an issue for a nice course, £45 for s January knock little too much.

What's Winter Series? As for the course, I haven't played it myself, but have heard it is meant to be pretty good.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played it a few times. Its ok and serves a purpose for a winter knock because it drains well but I think you are making the right decision staying at home.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
cheers all went out on the bike instead saved myself £45 notes for a summer knock :) itching to get out no comp for 2 weeks but reviews just said #FamilyDay well half day