quick fix to slice

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
hi i have been on trapman today and my club face is slightly open at impact causing a slice, could holding the club face slightly at address fix this???

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All depends what is causing the clubface to be open at impact.

Just don't aim left as this tends to make it even worse.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your slice will be caused by your swingpath being to the left of your clubface direction at impact.

What is the shape of your ball flight? ie: What is the initial and secondary direction of the ball flight.

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Your slice will be caused by your swingpath being to the left of your clubface direction at impact.

What is the shape of your ball flight? ie: What is the initial and secondary direction of the ball flight.

starts out right slightly then gets slightly worst 50 yards of slice. any help

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Closing the face a little at address will help (it's the ideal quick fix)... provided you don't then roll it open again at impact :thup:

The closer you get the face to the path you're swinging the less the ball will curve. If you're slicing the path is more left than the face... you can correct the path, the face... or both. Correcting the face is the quickest and easiest but ultimately you'll still be fading it (which is better than slicing it!)

you should be looking for a shot that starts a little left and drifts a little right. If won't start left if the face isn't pointing that way at impact.... so you gotta close the face a little.

Last edited:

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In short term it might work, but really you want to be sorting so you line up straight and square, and deliver the club square. Otherwise you're just adding problems up. Eventually you end up with a swing that can hit the ball straight but anything slightly off and you're missing big and all over.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
really you want to be sorting so you line up straight and square, and deliver the club square. Otherwise you're just adding problems up.

You do know that if you hit UP on the ball slightly from the position you describe it results in A SLICE don't you?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
hi i have been on trapman today and my club face is slightly open at impact causing a slice, could holding the club face slightly closed at address fix this???

Yes possibly but this will just be masking the problem and its a bad idea IMO.

Much better idea is to leave the club face square at address and look for the root cause and fix it instead.