Quick Fix For a Slice?

drankin

Visit site
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice.

When I use my Driver, I always slice the ball, also sometimes with my 3-wood too.

I know what the problem is - out to in swing path. But I don't know how to fix this.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I suppose the bigger question is "is there such a thing as a quick fix"?

I fade & slice, the most common ailment of a newbie or high handicapper and when I have a lesson or get a a bit of advice on the course, I fix it and off I go immediately down the middle of the fairway.

Unfortunately though it comes back!

Why? I don't know or understand even though I think I am still doing what I was taught and shown!

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last time I really had wicked slicing issues was in 2001 about the time of the Open, I remember practising a lot that year....

One week, I remember going to the range for about 5 hours and hitting 100s of balls.

I distinctly remember remember choosing a middle bay and trying to whack the dam ball straight at a tree on the far right edge of the range about 180 yards away.

Once I was swinging enough from the inside, the slice was gone.

you could try it....

or do the headcover or 3-ball drill.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Quick fix - close the face so it's more in line with the path... the ball will start left and stay left... it might fade a little.

At the moment the face is too open compared to the path so you get slice spin.

If it hooks you closed it too much ;)

longer fix - try and straighten out your path more and get the clubface more neutral at impact.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think that hitting the ball and actually seeing it go off the tee will help. Most slicers I talk to never actually see the clubhead strike the ball

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think that hitting the ball and actually seeing it go off the tee will help. Most slicers I talk to never actually see the clubhead strike the ball

I do but a single handicapper I played with recently showed me that when I set-up and looked down at my target, feet perfectly square and did all my drills, my shoulders were not square!

He then twisted (brought in) very slightly my left shoulder keeping my left arm straight and I couldn't believe the instant difference!