PXG SGI Irons

Thread starter #1

Jaco

Medal Winner
I’m struggling to find much in the way of reviews for these.
I‘m around a 20 handicap and recently purchased a set of PXG P irons, as an impulse buy because they were cheap, and regretted it almost immediately as I hadn’t done any research on which PXG irons were for high handicappers.
They cost about £ 750 and when I connect well they really fly, with elevation I’ve never experienced before, but I’m tempted by the SGI (super game improvement) ones that cost about £ 1,750 and are aimed at high h’cap players.
It’s a lot of money for me to spend on clubs and I’m surprised how little I can find in relation to independent reviews online, or videos on YouTube.

Thread starter #3

Jaco

Medal Winner
If you are keen on pxg and you are looking for forgiveness then this combo set may be worth considering

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/aca...olf-Irons-Steel-Graphite-Shafts.html#SID=9630

Cheers, John
Thank you. That does seem interesting as it’s the 5 and 6 irons that I’m not really getting results with. If I connect with the 7i it goes about 20 yds further (and much higher) than the Yonex irons they replaced. This is the same retailer I bought my PXG’s from. Also, I’ve never owned any hybrid clubs but my mate gets great results from his and he’s a similar h’cap.
Thanks again.