pwllheli golf club or abersoch golf club

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Abersoch is a course of 2 sections. The first 12(?) are on tight links land and good fun, the next 5 are in a field and are a bit meh and the 18th is a short hole back on the links land. Haven't played Pwllheli. Porthmadog is like Abersoch in reverse, field first and then some great holes in the dunes. Aberdovey is worth the drive if you have the time.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When we did a North Wales tour Aberdovey was my favourite by a wee bit so I would second that suggestion.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
If I had to choose between those two, I'd go Abersoch, purely for the picturesque town you drive through on the way in.

I've not played either despite spending loads of time in the area. If I was going to play one course along the top of teh bay though, I'd go for Porthmadog.

tobybarker

Visit site
If you can stretch the driving, give bull bay a go on Anglesey... a tough track but very interesting mix of ravines, hills, views and great greens.

Buckles01

Visit site
Can’t give you a specific reason why as he’s away but my Dad has a holiday home in North Wales and has held 2nd club membership at Pwllheli for a number of years. Knowing him he’ll have done his due diligence as Abersoch and Nefyn will be equidistant. I know the later was dismissed due to the constant worry of hitting families walking aimlessly around the course especially during the summer months.

CountLippe

Visit site
If you can stretch the driving, give bull bay a go on Anglesey... a tough track but very interesting mix of ravines, hills, views and great greens.
Absolute tatty mess when I played there last summer, don't know if that was because of Covid. All our group found Holyhead superior.

IanMcC

Visit site
Abersoch is dangerous. Many fairways close together, with blind tee shots.
Pwllheli on the other hand is a perfect mix of links and parkland. Choose this one.

If you had said Aberdovey, as a few people up-thread seem to think, then that would win, though.