Putting question for Bobmac

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Bob I've convinced myself that I have an issue with my short putts, it FEELS like I come down too steep on them and subsequently close the face (or it's already pointing left) generally missing to the left. If I move the ball forwards (in an attempt to shallow the descent) then I definitely feel like I'm going to miss it to the left and then 'cut' my putts (or open the face).

Long putting is fine only 5ft and less seems to feel this way.

Thanks in adv.... :thup:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bob I've convinced myself that I have an issue with my short putts, it FEELS like I come down too steep on them and subsequently close the face (or it's already pointing left) generally missing to the left. If I move the ball forwards (in an attempt to shallow the descent) then I definitely feel like I'm going to miss it to the left and then 'cut' my putts (or open the face).

Long putting is fine only 5ft and less seems to feel this way.

Thanks in adv.... :thup:
i have same prob ,between 2/3 ft. hope someone can help us

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sounds like you both have very wide putting strokes on short putts

5ft putts you should be moving back and through only a few inches with a smooth accelerated stroke

The putter head will be very low to the ground on the way back and through

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
They hang, I don't really tuck them into the ribs at all, there is a very slight flex at the elbow but not much, and I do grip quite low.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
No I'm going to give it a whirl, might plop my butt against a wall. :thup:

I leave my putter at the club so can't test right now but I'm wondering if I might stand up slightly thereby taking the putter too high off the ground, I try to rock my shoulders but wonder if that makes the back of my neck raise/move slightly and I'm not doing it properly? I recall Faldo picking up on that one someone's swing.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Difficult to tell for sure but I'd say it's unlikely on such short putts.
My guess would be your body is having a peek too soon and turning a little to see if it's going in.
You could try it with a wooden spoon in the kitchen if HID is watching soaps