putting drills

pingman93

Medal Winner
Visit site
hi guys

just making a thread to see what putting drills people pratice if they do pratice :)

think it will be good if everyone adds what they do as it may help someone you never know

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I start with medium length putts, not expecting to make many (I don't bothen to line em up, just for pace).

Then then go cross green (the short) and cross green the longer width.Just trying to get as close as possible to the edge the other side.

Then a few medium-length rolling the ball marker/line into place and trying to make them

Then as many short ones I can bear to do.

Hardly drills, just how I do it.

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Once I have had a few putts I make 4 putts from each side of the hole from about 4 feet. Lining up and treating it like I would on the course.

I have found this quite useful as you can do it on a hole that isn't flat so you have; downhill, uphill, and breakers each way.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
As most 3 putts are caused by poor distance control rather than wrong direction I like to practice distance control and feel.
Take 3 balls and find a part of the green where you can see 3 different holes. Hit a ball at the first target (A) short. Then the second ball at (B)medium and the 3rd at (C)long
Then hit the first ball from (A) at (C) and then the second ball from (B) at (C), then start again but change the order so go say, medium short long, then repeat short long medium etc etc. Never hit the same putt twice in a row.
All with your V-Easy of course :)

T

thecraw

Would you ever recommend the "close your eyes and hope for the best method?"

V

vkurup

Q for Bob...
I had a horrible putting day at the PYB-Lee Westwood day. One of the guys in my group pulled out his toy, something called a V-easy.. (anyone heard of it?)

Does the V-easy work for both inside-out and straight-line paths or does it favour something?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Q for Bob...
I had a horrible putting day at the PYB-Lee Westwood day. One of the guys in my group pulled out his toy, something called a V-easy.. (anyone heard of it?)

Does the V-easy work for both inside-out and straight-line paths or does it favour something?

It just helps you feel a natural arc back and through.
If you stand further away from the ball, the arc will be more pronounced and if you stand nearer the ball the arc will be more of a gentle curve.So, yes it works with both styles.
There's more info below
V-Easy

V

vkurup

I play with a face balanced TM Ghost Spider and had a decent swing. Recently got a Oddesey Ice for indoor practice. However, had not realised that it was a bit toe balanced. (excuse alert) During the PYB/Westwoodday, my putter was coming a bit open and I was missing everything to the right!!!. Hence was wondering if it may just accentuate the problem if I practice with the wrong type of putter

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ideally, you need to practice with the putter you use on the course but if you find the hands are opening the putter face through the stroke, The V-Easy will help stop this as is holds the hands firmly throughout the stroke.