Putter Weight

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When adding weight to a putter, how much would you need to add before there was a noticeable difference? Say I had 30g currently, would adding another 20g change the feel significantly or would it need more?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
When adding weight to a putter, how much would you need to add before there was a noticeable difference? Say I had 30g currently, would adding another 20g change the feel significantly or would it need more?

Are you adding the weight to the head or to the grip?

From memory it's 2g at the head end equates to 1 swing weight point and 5g at the butt end.

I would say you would notice a difference.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

My TM Spider currently has an extra 12 grams weight in the head. I did this as I'm sick of playing in very windy conditions and wanted a heavier head weight just to keep the stroke on line.

It does feel a little heavier but not massively so and does feel better when it's blowing a gale.

Like a lot of things in golf its down to personal taste and what works for you. Especially true with putting.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I went from my Ping Karsten to Odyssey Versa putter it only weighed an extra 19g in total. No idea where the extra weight was but I eventually ditched it as I was hitting putts miles by the hole. That was only 19g but I noticed a huge difference.