Putter hosel types and their effects...

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all,I am in the market for a new putter. After trying a few out i prefer the blade style of putter to the mallet type. However I am unsure of the differences in the type of hosel type. I prefer a full offset type putter however not sure of the differences between putters with an 'L' neck and those with a slanted neck. What affect do the different hosels have on performance or is it down to aesthetics?Thanks in advance!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi all,I am in the market for a new putter. After trying a few out i prefer the blade style of putter to the mallet type. However I am unsure of the differences in the type of hosel type. I prefer a full offset type putter however not sure of the differences between putters with an 'L' neck and those with a slanted neck. What affect do the different hosels have on performance or is it down to aesthetics?Thanks in advance!

I beleive hosel type to do with eye dominance (..... or some guff like that).

I got fitted for my putter so left all the technical aspects to the fitter. My advice would be to do the same

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
When I tried the putters I liked having an offset, definitely easier to line up the shot and suited my putting style. Just didn't notice any difference with the two hosel types but there must be a reason!!!

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
I prefer the shaft to meet the heel of the club with an offset. Current putter the shaft is central and I don't like it at all!