Putter fitting

Dkl84

Visit site
Firstly I will apologise as I know this topic has probably been covered many times before.

I am looking to get fitted for a new putter but when I have been searching the vast majority of fitters that aren't tied to one brand are mostly in England.
Could anyone recommend a good fitter in the central belt of Scotland? Also wouldn't mind driving a couple of hours in either direction.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 3432

How far up in Central belt?
Penrith Golf Hub have an excellent wide range and SAM Lab. They are right off the M6 at Penrith, so probably within a couple of hours.

Dkl84

Visit site
Penrith Golf Hub have an excellent wide range and SAM Lab. They are right off the M6 at Penrith, so probably within a couple of hours.

I came across Penrith Golf Hub while I have been searching, I am in the Falkirk area so 2 hours would be about right.

D

Deleted member 3432

I came across Penrith Golf Hub while I have been searching, I am in the Falkirk area so 2 hours would be about right.

In that case I can definitely recommend them.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site

I went to Penrith for a putter fitting and I would highly recommend it. My only concern is that they didnt have a massive choice of putters, but that wasnt really and issue for me as it was a Scotty i was after.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I went to Penrith for a putter fitting and I would highly recommend it. My only concern is that they didnt have a massive choice of putters, but that wasnt really and issue for me as it was a Scotty i was after.

Surely if you went for the fitting and found out what style of putter and what length/lie you need you could go anywhere to find a make to suit or needs and budget if you didn't want a Scotty or they didn't have the putter make you wanted in stock. Sometimes good not to go to any fitting with a pre-conceived idea of what you want

D

Deleted member 3432

Surely if you went for the fitting and found out what style of putter and what length/lie you need you could go anywhere to find a make to suit or needs and budget if you didn't want a Scotty or they didn't have the putter make you wanted in stock. Sometimes good not to go to any fitting with a pre-conceived idea of what you want

Not sure what tigerwes means by not a massive choice as they have about 150 putters to choose from from several manufacturers. Maybe a narrower range from some brands?

It is a proper fitting experience, will tweak loft and lie to suit and fit a specific grip/adjust swingweight if you have a preference.

What they do have which is interesting is the Sik putter range as used by Bryson. Pricey I know but I like how the demo putters come as heads only with various shaft bends to add and the same with shafts to build a putter.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
The putter fitting was great, but no bettinardi or Evnroll. Just 2 decent brands of Putter missing without going through them all.

Again I would highly recommend going and o was 100% happy with my fitting session.

I understand that really you should go to a fitting with an open mind, but I knew deep down if I walked out without a Scotty a few years down the line I would still want a Scotty.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The putter fitting was great, but no bettinardi or Evnroll. Just 2 decent brands of Putter missing without going through them all.

Again I would highly recommend going and o was 100% happy with my fitting session.

I understand that really you should go to a fitting with an open mind, but I knew deep down if I walked out without a Scotty a few years down the line I would still want a Scotty.
Nothing special about Scotties imo. Bettinardi on the other hand.... But they outlandishly expensive, especially in UK.
If you can establish the fundamental type of putter that suits best - and SAM is very useful for doing that - then purchasing an appropriate model, of whatever brand, is likely to be simpler and more successful. I actually found that 'doing the rounds' of outlets like AG, that had a large selection and a putting area, were ideal for confirming the type of putter deemed 'best' for me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Not sure why there is so much love for Scotties. Plenty of other milled putters out there and I got my Odyssey #9 protype many years ago from Silvermere for a fraction of what a Scotty were going for even then. We had a GM/Scotty test at Silvermere ages ago and I was underwhelmed

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Best putter I've owned is the Scotty Futura Phantom X. Didn't go to the fitting wanting a Scotty specifically, but bloody hell... it was the best by a mile for me!

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
Not sure why there is so much love for Scotties. Plenty of other milled putters out there and I got my Odyssey #9 protype many years ago from Silvermere for a fraction of what a Scotty were going for even then. We had a GM/Scotty test at Silvermere ages ago and I was underwhelmed

Some people like to drive BMWs, some like to use iPhones ?. I wanted a Scotty, for no other reason than because it's a Scotty. It also came out as one of the best in the fitting. I wouldn't have gone with it if it was against what was recommended.

Last edited: