Put Music Onto Iphone?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there a simple way of putting mp3 music on to an iphone? It seems that the Android way doesn't work. Jesus, I can't even bluetooth the stuff!!

RichA

Visit site
I switched from Android to iPhone, reluctantly.
Downloaded my Google Play Music collection to a hard drive via the laptop then uploaded to the phone via iTunes. Took a few minutes clicking and a few hours waiting, but wasn't too troublesome.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sell your iphone, buy Android. If not, find a young relative with an iphone, hand them yours and your mp3 and play the old man card. They will get a kick out of your inability to understand modern tech, you get the job done (y)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My new VW car spat my iPod out yesterday .
Hissing “ format not supported”
So only got a radio now , that’s supposed to be progress.
Tech is not my strong point.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Download iTunes. Load music into iTunes library. USB cable to iPhone from computer. transfer.

Job done.

In theory yes… in practice when I had an iphone it was quicker to take singing lessons followed by instrument tuition for various pieces, find several like minded iphone owners, form a ‘band’ & rehearse our ‘playlist' songs for a few years, do some local ‘gigging’ to gain experience and to fund the purchase of some studio time plus a Binatone cassette recorder, meet up in big Ed’s garage once a week for 8 months for more practice, realise it was only marginally easier than navigating the i-tunes website, buy android phones and download what we wanted to listen to (y)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sell your iphone, buy Android. If not, find a young relative with an iphone, hand them yours and your mp3 and play the old man card. They will get a kick out of your inability to understand modern tech, you get the job done (y)

Was this how you got all your old 78s transferred? :ROFLMAO:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thank you to everyone who chipped in on this. I think I've got there. More work. I've found some of my files are all up the wall, so some editing is required, but looks as though it's gonna work.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't be doing with scratchy vinyl. In essence though, yes, I chuck my phone at one of my kids and get them to do anything like that. They do it in minutes, less hassle.

My son is too old to do this to. My eldest grandson can't be bothered with it but will say yeah it's easy but won't help. I'm just waiting for youngest,10, to be allowed a phone and figure all this stuff out for all of us. LOL

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I'm not sure something released in 2001 can still be considered modern tech. ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure something released in 2001 can still be considered modern tech. ?
True, but they will know their way around the iphone and that is the key to this. We have gone a step further and now have a family account with Apple Music, works with Android as well as iphone. Saves transferring anything, makes life much, much easier in music terms.

RichA

Visit site
This is making me realise that I haven't actually bought any new music since I switched from android to iPhone over a year ago. Probably only bought a dozen albums in the 10 years I was using Google Play Music.
Felt good to give basic tech advice a couple of days ago. Now I feel old again.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, it sort of went well. I was doing it for my youngest son who has Downs, and an iphone, so the software said if I did this some of the bought music that had not been backed up would / might be lost, so clicked to back it up to my laptop. Now, he's not sure if all his music is still there, some Eminem had gone. I have this so copied mine across. Thing is, where the hell is the back up? I've looked on line and followed the instructions but, nope it's not there. How can I find it? and, how can I tell if some of the music files have been removed (backed up), and and, how can I get them back to his phone if they are missing?

Good lord!!!! Apple is an utter nightmare!!!!